522 Caller-ID not working

I understand the Caller ID on my 522 is only designed to work when im watching live TV and not when watching recorded programs.
What I have noticed is even when watching Live TV caller Id only works sometimes.
Caller ID stopped working the other day and I attempted to reboot the unit to see if that would get it working again but no luck.

Is it designed to display on both tuners or only TV 1?
I use the 522 in single mode and tend to swap tuners often.

jtravel said:
I understand the Caller ID on my 522 is only designed to work when im watching live TV and not when watching recorded programs.

jtravel, why do you say this? It is just not true. If this is what someone from E* told you, they are lying to you. The caller ID on the 522 is supposed to work ANYTIME the receiver is on. It does not matter what tuner or TV you're on, what you're watching, single mode or dual mode, what types on connection you use to TV, music channels, in the menus, browsing the guide, recorded program, etc. The ONLY time you might not get the caller ID is if you are in the "Dish Home" section (and even then it might still work, I never tried).

The point everyone need to remember is that inside the 522 is basically just a phone jack and caller ID device like is built into all the other phones in the house. How come every other company on the planet can make a phone or stand-alone caller ID box that will work for everyone without problems, but E* can't get this one simple feature to work?

GetMeABeer said:
How come every other company on the planet can make a phone or stand-alone caller ID box that will work for everyone without problems, but E* can't get this one simple feature to work?
Good question.
Another question is why can other DVRs play back recording without continuous audio and video glitches yet E* can't seem to get this basic function right on the 522?

GetMeABeer said:
jtravel, why do you say this? It is just not true. If this is what someone from E* told you, they are lying to you. The caller ID on the 522 is supposed to work ANYTIME the receiver is on.

I belive it was posted here or the other BBS that the Caller ID is disabled during recording of program.
From My own testing of caller ID on my 522 I have never been able to get it to show up when a recorded show is playing and I just assumed this was normal.
I have tryed different combinations and called with my cell to see if it would work and I don't get a caller ID display on TV2 only TV1

Caller ID works intermittently on my 522. I know that it does indeed display during playback of recordings because it did last night while we were watching a recorded show. It had been so long since we saw caller ID work that we were a little surprized when we saw it pop up.

Dolby 5.1 is usually found only on the major "premium" channels, such as HBO, Showtime, etc. Initially, we had trouble getting it to work, but replaced the amp with the new Yamaha rec/amp, and fed it with the optical output of the 522. Now, it is really impressive. The old Kenwood amp just couldn't decode properly. For PCM, the new amp has a choice of outputs that make it almost as good as Dolby. $500 well spent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)