522 Dialing Problem with Wireless Jack

jginsburg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 19, 2004
PA
I have my 522 plugged into RCA Wireless Jack. The base unit is plugged into a DSL filter provided by Verizon. The menu tells me the phone is connected, but when I test it by dialing out, I am told that the phone connection failed. The telephone that is using this same wireless system has no problems, and I hear no noise. Any suggestions from some of the experts out there? :confused:

Wireless Jack

I have had the same problem in the past on different systems. I resolved the first issue by replacing the phone cord to the receiver. Evidently, the cord was bad. On a different occasion, I just unplugged the unit for 30 seconds, the reboot worked. I am assuming it may have been a software glitch. Good luck.

jginsburg said:
I have my 522 plugged into RCA Wireless Jack. The base unit is plugged into a DSL filter provided by Verizon. The menu tells me the phone is connected, but when I test it by dialing out, I am told that the phone connection failed. The telephone that is using this same wireless system has no problems, and I hear no noise. Any suggestions from some of the experts out there? :confused:

To test, try taking the phone cord that is currently plugged into the dish receiver and see if it works on a normal phone... just to be sure it's not a problem with the 522.

Make sure you do NOT turn on the caller ID feature... it will screw up your normal phone service (phone rings once, then stops).

Dish seemed to think it was a modem problem in the receiver. Just received new one, so will try that.

I have my 522 connected with an old RCA wireless jack as well. The base also connects through a DSL filter. The connection test seems to work fine for me. I also verified my connection audibly with a telephone temporarily connected just to be sure before I installed it.

Gary

The 522 seems to be finicky with some different wireless phone jacks. I've found the Phonex EZ jack to work very consistently. Plus they're not that spendy, around $40 or so.

Mudder,

Does caller ID work on the 522 plugged into the Phonex EZ? I have an RCA and caller ID apparently doesn't work with that model.

Still not working

Well, switched to the 522 E* just sent me, and the same thing. Telephone diagnostics says it's connected, begins to dial out and tells me that connection failed. If I do it from customer service, it tells me Dish is having technical problems. When I talk to CSR, they tell me that I'm not being charged for no telephone hookup, so I'm debating about ignoring the fact that I can't connect or buying the phonex ez jack to see if it corrects the problem. !sadroll

jginsburg said:
Well, switched to the 522 E* just sent me, and the same thing. Telephone diagnostics says it's connected, begins to dial out and tells me that connection failed. If I do it from customer service, it tells me Dish is having technical problems. When I talk to CSR, they tell me that I'm not being charged for no telephone hookup, so I'm debating about ignoring the fact that I can't connect or buying the phonex ez jack to see if it corrects the problem. !sadroll

You aren't being charged yet. Try this: Menu > 6 > 3 > Counters. Scroll to the bottom and look at the Last Connect line. Post what it says.

chaddux said:
You aren't being charged yet. Try this: Menu > 6 > 3 > Counters. Scroll to the bottom and look at the Last Connect line. Post what it says.
There is no scroll. Wasn't one on the other receiver. Last line is DST:0x0.
When I try to dial out from that screen, it tells me to dial outs pending. The other receiver said the same thing.

jginsburg said:
There is no scroll. Wasn't one on the other receiver. Last line is DST:0x0.
When I try to dial out from that screen, it tells me to dial outs pending. The other receiver said the same thing.
Use the page down button on the remote to scroll down.

maximum said:
I'm not technically illiterate! Nothing listed after DST. Maybe I'm just lucky?!? :rolleyes:
I'm at work, but I'll double check when I get home. I'm almost certain there were no more entries. Will update later when I actually check again.

maximum said:

Boy am I dumb! I was using the wrong keys to scroll. Anyway, it says the last connect was 11/15/04. That's when I activated this receiver. I know that it's not really getting through because I can't dial in to see my bill or add programming or anything else, but I guess I should just keep quiet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)