522 died

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Don't know if this was caused by any software update but my 522 died today. I had version 4.12. The only light that is on is the green one for tv 1. No output to the tv on either tv 1 or tv 2. It doesn't respond to either remote. Funny hting though you can hear the hard drive running. This is my third 522. The last one had a hard drive crash. My original 522 was an out of box failure when the tech upgraded me to a 522. Don't know what the problem is. My friend has a 625 which really is the samething and his has been working for over a year now. Also my old 4700 that I took out of service is over six years old and it still works too. Just didn't like the lack of extneded EPG that the 4700 didn't have.

Thye stupid CSR wanted me to see if it would owrk by moving the power cord from a surge protector to the wall. AS stated the light for tv 1 is glowing plus you can hear the hard drive whirring. Proof enough to me that power is getting to the box.
Ron

Unplugging from AC current is a hard reset and sometimes cures DISH lock ups. You have nothing to lose by trying it. The 522 and 625 seem to be the same units but I believe even though they use the same software they are component wise two different receivers. The 625 has been much more problem free.

Unplugging from AC current is a hard reset and sometimes cures DISH lock ups. You have nothing to lose by trying it. The 522 and 625 seem to be the same units but I believe even though they use the same software they are component wise two different receivers. The 625 has been much more problem free.

I did do a hard reset by powering downt he surge protector. The brilliant CSR felt I should unplug from the protector and plug directly into the wall outlet. Seems the output of electricity is better there.

Asfor the reliability I tend to agree with you with my going through three 525's and my friend still using his 625.

Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts