522 Dishin'it up promo details

Deal just got worse

jbcheshire said:
Kristen at E* called me last night (home, cell, and work!!!) to tell me that she COULD give me the 522 offer even though I had got the 811 back in December. She stated that it would be $149 (although the web site shows I can get it for $99..) and I would have to sign a 1 year committment.

I told her thanks, but no thanks. I am not locking myself into a 1 year term with them with all that is going on at V* and D*. I expect to be on one of those two services before the end of the year since they have at least announced plans for better equipment, without paying an arm an a leg for the right to LEASE it.. I know they may not come through with everything, but they just might surprise us and i want the ability to move when I want, not when Dish says I can...

So I finally hear back, I can get my 522 for a mere $198! After complaining extensively, they knocked $50 off for me, to $149. It would be my only receiver, I'd retire the other 2, and yup, I get to pay the lease fee, too. She did mention the deal was changing next month. Didn't mention the cost, but did say it would require a 1-2 year commitment from the poor suckers that buy in. I explained how expensive my deal seemed, and how much more expensive their new deal sounded, but there really isn't anything Kristin can do. I just don't know if I can justify sinking $150 into a new unit with all kinds of audio problems.

Especially if you have to put that much into a unit you cannot own. If you buy one from eBay you own it and dont have to pay a lease fee and no contract required either.

Stargazer said:
Especially if you have to put that much into a unit you cannot own. If you buy one from eBay you own it and dont have to pay a lease fee and no contract required either.

This is what I might do. I almost bought a 522 last night off Ebay but e-mailed the seller asking if I could just pick it up instead as it was local. Big surprise it sold before he got back to me. It was going for $139.95 buy it now.

cannot imagine why they think people will pay $99/149 and sign up for 1-yr commitments, for leasing. I was offered the 522 at 99 for lease, I said make the thing mine and I shall take the offer. If not, I dont want the deal. Max I was willing to pay was 49 for installation. Since I already got 510 installed late last yr, I did not want to make another 99 for dish 'lease'. I think when 625 comes out, 522s will go down in price on eBay since 625 offers more features and price for entry might be the same.

I can see the 322 and 522 receivers going up on price on ebay now. This will have more people likely to take the lease over the purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts