522 Dishin'it up promo details

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
According to the supervisor ( I know this person) The Dishin'it up promo will cost $50 to get the 522. Th epromo starts 2-1-05 and ends 2-28-05. If you already own a 522 you do NOT qualify for the promo. If anybody gets anything else please post it here!

Randy_B

SatelliteGuys Guru
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Plus a monthly lease fee? Or a deal like the the 510 upgrade, $49 and a two year agreement?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I assume that the $5 lease fee would be considered the same thing as an additional outlet fee. Sure makes you wonder what the advantage was to buying one for cheap off of the internet when you could lease one a LOT cheaper but those that didnt know that we would be able to lease one or not didnt know then that this offer would have become available to us.

mmdieter

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2004
central OR
so if you already did the dishing it up for the 510 (about 2 mths ago), can you give that back and get a 522, then when the 942 comes out give the 522 back and get the 942, or does the commitment require you to keep the receivers a certain amt of time, and not trade either (i don't remember if they said i had a commitment or not)

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I wonder if someone could take the 522 off of their account THEN get the 522 promo or if the account is tagged as having the 522 previously. It seems dirty that they tell us that we cant get them activated then when they give us a way of getting them activated they then state that this new deal is coming out. I dont mind signing another year contract to get a deal like that.

It would be different if it cost $100 and you had to trade in your old receiver(s) to get it. On top of that you have to pay the monthly warranty plan to get it replaced after a year if you dont have it but if you lease it you dont have to pay for it.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
I think that deal with the 1 522 is only for the DHA subs that are already leasing the boxes, the Dish rules are that you can only lease 1 522, so those that bought a 522 and now want to lease one, I don't think you'll have a problem

Dogcliff

Jan 13, 2005
Anchorage, AK
Waiting-to-be new sub, initial install next Tue (25 Jan). I want my 522! Are promos like this ever available to new subs, or limited to the older, established customer base?

dc

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
After a year with E* you get in on these deals. But since you are getting a 522 anyways, no biggie.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Oh that's gay. What's with the discrimination to Alaska....

Oh, welcome to satelliteguys :)

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
That statement says that if you already "own" a 522 you cannot get on this deal. I guess thats their payback for us buying them early.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Stargazer said:
That statement says that if you already "own" a 522 you cannot get on this deal. I guess thats their payback for us buying them early.

I'm banking on that the statement is just a bad choice of words and what they mean is just if your in possesion of a leased one, that keeps those folks in the 1 522 limit. Why would they need to limit the folks that paid cash for their 522?

Randy_B

SatelliteGuys Guru
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
jlhugh said:
I got a 510 from the dish'n it up promo and I am pretty sure there was no commitment to get the box. So I'll be sending it back when the 522 comes avaliable.

There wasn't a committement on the keeping/using the box, just staying with Dish service (2 yrs for the $49, 1 yr for the $99 deal). I plan on doing the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)