522 DVR Playback issue

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I've only had my 522 for about two weeks. Today I started a movie that I had recorded and the sound was off by like 3 seconds. You could hear the words before the mouth started moving. I stopped the movie and restarted it and it was ok from then on.

Just wondering if anyone else run into this glitch.

Also, what the heck happened to the 522 forum?

Push the 'skip back' button on your remote a couple times and then push the play button on your remote and the sound and video usually goes back in sync. Then push the 'live TV' button to get back to live TV. Yes, this is very annoying but dish doesn't seem to be able to resolve this software issue.

cheers.

Eastern OR said:
Push the 'skip back' button on your remote a couple times and then push the play button on your remote and the sound and video usually goes back in sync. Then push the 'live TV' button to get back to live TV. Yes, this is very annoying but dish doesn't seem to be able to resolve this software issue.

cheers.

There is no need to press Play after using the Skip Back button because Skip Back does not stop the playback. Eastern_Or's description is a bid misleading so I will clarify:

Pressing the Skip Back button (once or twice) will normally resolve the issue. Again, no need to press Play. If it is resolved, there is no need to return to live TV or do anything else. If it doesn't resolve the issue, THEN you will need to return to live TV. Then, go back into the recording and resume the playback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)