522 going nuts this evening...

phonegunner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
Our 522 just went berserk...

Real slow on any remote control action on TV1 and TV2... except after it finally gets the DVR stored shows then those work normally...

However during real time operation channel changes take a long delay to accomplish and remote operation where multiple buttons are pressed are queued waiting to happen and then happen all on their own and in the order of what was pressed...

The rewind while watching rewind does not operate at all...

We have powered down and waited 20 minutes before again applying power to no avail....

Gonna have to talk to E* in the morrow I guess...

Any other ideas?

Oh yeah... I did get the L2.95 update 3 days ago and up until now this has operated well...

Ted...

And just for the heck of it ... the system is on a surge-suppressor and we did have a thunderstorm off in the distance...

Your hard drive may be going bye-bye. the OS is on it and slow operation may indicate the receiver is having trouble reading the HD.

Call dish for a replacement.

After waiting for the DVR to function (after pressing the button and waiting about 1 minute) then the DVR functions for all recorded items works with normal speed and normal.

However when going back to normal operation (non-previously recorded DVR events) then it is slow to respond...

And if I had not mentioned this before that is on both TV1 and TV2 in dual mode...

Off to E* tech support it is ... gotta keep the wife happy ...

Ted...

ETA: After the normal Tech Support listen to what I said .. and then go thru the troubleshooting again with them on the line .. here comes a replacement out UPS Blue ... it is on warranty....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts