522 Issues

CopyChief

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Like most people here with 522 or 625, the latest software upgrades have brought back the old AV problems for me. However, this time I'm thinking the problems may be of a different source.

Previously, all the problems I noticed were in watching recorded programs. I must admit I made this conclusion rather hastily, not realizing that, the grand majority of the time, I'm watching something that I have recorded.

Of late, I've been watching the baseball playoffs - Live. I've noticed blips and pixel rips and even a couple of dropouts during the games.

I'm convinced it's not rain fade or anything like that, we've hardly had any rain for a while -- hardly any clouds even.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of these glitches during live (not DVR'ed) programming?

You should also consider the possibility that the signal degradation is higher up in the food chain (i.e. before Dish gets ahold of it). Last year's baseball playoffs on Fox were plagued with freezing, audio dropouts, pixel rips and even 2 minute long blackouts which I later found out were happening at the local Fox affiliate's transmitter (neighbor with cable noticed the same problem).

An interesting thought, this is the season for the solar interruptions, as I've read elsewhere on the site. I will have to see if the problems persist as the next round of playoffs begins! (That's just about the only live TV I watch anymore!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)