522 moving all recordings to DVD or Tape?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I've hooked up to the video and audio out put of the 522 and connected these to the input of my DVD/VCR. When I select a recording on the 522 and press play the press record on the DVD/VCR it records that show perfectly. Here is the difficultly im having, I have about 25 hrs of recordings and want to move all of them to a DVD. Is there any way I can make the 522 play my recordings one after another? I want to record a bunch of the recordings to a DVD while im at work.
Thanks
Lenny

I don't know of any DVD out there that is gonna hold 25 hours of recordings, even at the absolute worst quality.

Smith said:
Why not, if his combo have at least 40 GB disk.

I am not following what you just said... All I can say is I said DVD, I didn't mention hard drives.

blockisle9 said:
I've hooked up to the video and audio out put of the 522 and connected these to the input of my DVD/VCR. When I select a recording on the 522 and press play the press record on the DVD/VCR it records that show perfectly. Here is the difficultly im having, I have about 25 hrs of recordings and want to move all of them to a DVD. Is there any way I can make the 522 play my recordings one after another? I want to record a bunch of the recordings to a DVD while im at work.
Thanks
Lenny
Nowhere in that post did I see anything about a hard disk being in the unit. So I don't assume it to be true eventhough those are on the market. I don't know of anyone out there making blu-ray or similar disc recorders yet and certainly not in home recorders with a VCR in them.

He said he has a DVD/VCR dual deck. Maybe he has a DVD deck that holds a magazine of DVD-R's, but he didn't say that and the only one's I have seen with a VCR don't support that.

Also, all the recordable DVD's out there are only 4.7gb for the home reocorders. Again, though, I could be wrong but I don't think any of the home units use the Dual-layer discs yet, just PC's. Even then, it's only approxiamtely 9gb. That is not going to hold 25 hours of recordings played back-to-back.

I wasn't going to put all 25 hrs on one DVD, They are 1/2 hr shows and wanted to put 8 -1/2 hr shows on each DVD.
Sorry for the confusion!
Lenny

It's annoying. But, you'll have to do each show manually. Plan on spending a weekend or so doing it. You can do it while doing chores around the house. Just set an alarm to remind you when each show is over. I had to do the same thing with my 721 before I sold it.

GaryPen said:
Just set an alarm to remind you when each show is over.

Yeah, and also don't forget to go into the installation menu and turn off the caller ID (if you have caller ID in your home, of course).

blockisle9 said:
Is there any way I can make the 522 play my recordings one after another?

Dude, not to be harsh, but I'm frickin' amazed that a veteran 522 user would even ask this question. :rolleyes:

GetMeABeer said:
Dude, not to be harsh, but I'm frickin' amazed that a veteran 522 user would even ask this question. :rolleyes:

In the past I only recorded a few shows, and when I did it was just one show at a time. I kinda of figured it couldn't be done but also figured that if there was a way someone on this board would know how.
Besides I didn't realize having the 522 or satellite for that matter for 11 months makes one a veteran.

blockisle9 said:
I didn't realize having the 522...for 11 months makes one a veteran.

Well, it does. And if you haven't become intimately familiar with your receiver after a year of usage, then you probably never will. Sorry.

My Panny DVR E-85H will play every show one after the other to the last one. This is one desired feature that people have been screaming for since Dish released a DVR. It would certainly be easy enough to implement a playlist feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)