522 Named Based Recording misses

randyoh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
Ohio, US
Everyday this week I have had to set up my name based "new" episode recordings. :mad: Case in point "Intervention" a new show on A&E Sundays. It is in the list of programs to be recorded after I set it up, then the next day when I look it is gone. The timer still exists but there is nothing in it (like episodes to be recorded or skipped) when I push "Select" as there is in the other timers. Anyone else seeing this?

I had two timers last night (both were "new episodes") and one this morning (was "all episodes) that did not record. I have not checked to see which version of the software I am running now, but suspect it is a result of a software "upgrade".

I tried deleting my timers and re-adding them (using the "all episodes" option), but have not yet verified if this helped. I also did a soft-reset (power button for 10 seconds) to see if it would help. Kind of frustrating....

I have that problem on a regular basis. Some programs do it all the time, some never do it, and others do it intermitantly. Things go haywire when the guide updates.

I can avoid the problem for short periods, by preventing the guide from updating. I do this by turning off updates in the menu, and not turning off the unit. If you run like this for too long though, the unit will eventually crash.

SteveC

Something I've noticed... When the unit is in 'single' mode, a LOT of shows set to record won't! I usually leave mine in dual mode, and I never have a timer skip. The past couple of days, I switch it to single mode, and notice about half of the timers for the day are going to skip! (of course, then I switch it back into dual mode!)

I haven't noticed a difference when the guide updates, or anything not normal for that matter lately.

Bizzach said:
Something I've noticed... When the unit is in 'single' mode, a LOT of shows set to record won't! I usually leave mine in dual mode, and I never have a timer skip. The past couple of days, I switch it to single mode, and notice about half of the timers for the day are going to skip! (of course, then I switch it back into dual mode!)

I haven't noticed a difference when the guide updates, or anything not normal for that matter lately.

Didn't work for me. I have had to set up my timers every day since Sunday. Techs at Dish told me it will be fixed in the next update...in 2 weeks. So basically I'm paying for a non-recording DVR. :mad: Time Warner is starting to look pretty good to me right now.

I abandoned timers because from week to week, there is almost always a conflict on one tuner or another. I use dual mode. I replaced the timers with single-channel dishpasses. Things record as they should using this workaround.

I decided to leave the power on the receiver and this worked fine until the program guide updated. That is what is causing my issue. They gave me an RMA and are sending a new receiver as this is not a common bug.

Well I am happy to find out that the entire Sci-Fi Friday lineup recorded using the "all episodes" timers I set up weeks ago, including the 1.5 hour SG1 that shifted everything else a half hour later.

Just wanted to mention that sometimes things actually do work. Single mode by the way.

I got the new 522, hooked it up on Thursday, worked great. Saturday morning the guide updated and all my timers above #19 in my list are gone. I called Dish they said it was a now known software issue, and would be fixed by the end of the month. I asked for my $5 DVR fee to be refunded for this month for my troubles. The guy said no. I asked to speak to his supervisor, the guy said no. I hung up, called Time Warner, they are installing Tuesday morning. Dish can kiss my backside.

Pepper said:
Well I am happy to find out that the entire Sci-Fi Friday lineup recorded using the "all episodes" timers I set up weeks ago, including the 1.5 hour SG1 that shifted everything else a half hour later.

Just wanted to mention that sometimes things actually do work. Single mode by the way.

I am glad to see your lineup for Sci-fi friday worked. My 522 failed to record the 1 1/2 hour SG1, but recorded the other 2 shows just fine. I double checked the timers this past friday and it was going to skip SG1 again. Not a timer confict, I guess it just has something against SG1. I made a new SG1 timer and it added it back to the list. Don't know what happened, but I am glad I double checked the timer.

You guys are freakin' me out! I've had my 522 for a week now and so far so good. Except for the audio and video dropouts of course :mad:. No missed timers yet though and I'm watching them like a hawk because of all the problems I know this thing has.

PS, If you don't hear from me after Thursday it means Survivor didn't record and my wife has killed me :eek:.

kbohip said:
You guys are freakin' me out! I've had my 522 for a week now and so far so good. Except for the audio and video dropouts of course :mad:. No missed timers yet though and I'm watching them like a hawk because of all the problems I know this thing has.

PS, If you don't hear from me after Thursday it means Survivor didn't record and my wife has killed me :eek:.

Survivor is on Wednesday not Thursday this week.

Mine skipped American Idol last night. Maybe it was trying to do me a favor! It still lists the next episodes in the schedule but skipped the one from last night.

I've had this problem too hehe, you can see my flame at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=47125&highlight=snowie

I was told the issue would be fixed at software level L233, uh and yeah that wasn't the case. This uncommon trend doesn't seem to be so uncommon. I wonder what the difference is for the folks who don't have the issue?

I'm happy to post the details of my sick box i.e. a log if someone knows how to access it?

this is sad that you guys have to go through this. dish should really have this stuff figured out. i have yet to miss a recording with my cable companies dvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts