522 now at L2.35

SimpleSimon said:
If you mean Mark Lamutt from DBSTalk, he's a 921 and 942 beta tester, and also E*'s "official internet liason"

A few months ago I thought I'd read one of his posts that led me to believe he had a hand in development, but I couldn't locate the post. Whatever the case, I really wish there was someone like Mark dedicated to the 522. Of course, if there were we'd beat him up so regularly he'd relinquish his liason position within a week. :)

Caller ID works on my 522 with S-Video. The only prob I have is the black and white screen (the whole screen loses color--including the Dish graphics). I just plug and unplug the s-video cable to fix it. I've already swapped the cable out, still happens.

Pablo_New said:
Caller ID works on my 522 with S-Video. The only prob I have is the black and white screen (the whole screen loses color--including the Dish graphics). I just plug and unplug the s-video cable to fix it. I've already swapped the cable out, still happens.
Interesting, could be a loose connection either in the 522 or whatever is at the other end of the S-video cable. If I remember correctly, S-video separates the Chrominance and Luminance signals, C is the color and L is the bright & dark levels; so if the Chrominance connection becomes loose at either end you end up with a b&w picture.

Bizzach said:
Mine got 235 yesterday, and I haven't noticed any changes at all. Must be the Daylight Savings Time fixes. Man, why can't Dish give us release notes that documents what they're doing?

Because doing so would admit there were problems in the first place. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts