522 odd behavior

CopyChief

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
My 522 has been one of the best pieces of electronic equipment I've ever owned. I've had almost no problems with it since they first installed it over 18 months ago. What happened last night was far from catastrophic but I wonder if it's happened to anyone else, and if it's an indicator of a bad moon rising.

I was watching a program on the DVR and one program was recording. The program I was watching froze. It almost looked as of the program was paused, but the progress bar did not show on the screen. I pushed pause, it came up, then play, and it went away but the video did not start. I used the fast forward and it jumped forward -- then I was able to go back to the place where it stopped. It did not stop this time, but there was one of those audio dropouts at that point.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-Rich

My 522 has been one of the best pieces of electronic equipment I've ever owned. I've had almost no problems with it since they first installed it over 18 months ago. What happened last night was far from catastrophic but I wonder if it's happened to anyone else, and if it's an indicator of a bad moon rising.

I was watching a program on the DVR and one program was recording. The program I was watching froze. It almost looked as of the program was paused, but the progress bar did not show on the screen. I pushed pause, it came up, then play, and it went away but the video did not start. I used the fast forward and it jumped forward -- then I was able to go back to the place where it stopped. It did not stop this time, but there was one of those audio dropouts at that point.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-Rich

Common problem when a sever signal loss for a recording occurs. If its long enough a popup sometimes occurs. If the DVR gets confused, it may take it awhile to figure out there is a problem. Worse case requires a reboot.

I had a customer with a 522 had their DVR lock up a few days ago and a hard reboot by pressing in on the power button for 6 seconds fixed the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts