522 questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
I have a 522 and am adding a second one:)

If I tie tv1 and tv2 together with a splitter in reverse will the 2 outputs be roughly equal strength wise in a long cable run? do to inside wall obstructions cable runs are long here.....

how do you change the remote address? which screen? I bring up sys info but it didnt appear to accept address change:(

We really like the 522 and are dropping our 508s and saving 5 bucks a month, we have AEP

NAME BASED RECORDING IS EXCELLENT!

If I tie tv1 and tv2 together with a splitter in reverse will the 2 outputs be roughly equal strength wise in a long cable run? do to inside wall obstructions cable runs are long here.....

The output from TV2 is supposed to be stronger, TV1 is for 1 TV. I have them tied together and going about 20' to a Radio Shack amplified splitter (1in 4out) feeding the rest of the TV's with no problem. See how it looks, you may have to experiment and amplify just the TV1 output before it goes in the splitter.

if your adding a 2nd 522..are you installing yourself?if so , what kind of lnb?you cannot combine tv1/2 through any kind of splitter...because they have diff modulator setups. as for programming the remote..try a reset on rcvr (hold pwr button in for 5 secs, then release) then try addressing remote-from tv 1 location.(sys info, press hold sat butt till mode buttons light up, press a # btwn 2-15, then pound (#), and then press record.if that doesn't wrk.. try unplugging rcvr for 15 secs. still not wrking?are the batteries fresh..if so..checki your remote antenna.

back to the adding 522 issue. depending on the type of lnb ..and other rcvrs installed , will determine what is required for that hook up.

Self install. I used to be a dealer but questions like these I am not up to date on.

I have a DP twin feeding a DP3 to 4 switch looking at 61.5, 110 and 119. two 522s should do just fine.

although I have a backup dish with a DP quad looking at just 110 and 119. have cables to both boxes, in case of a outdoor failure on a cold nite. had a LNB fail once at 10pm, zero degrees with snow.

Extra dish gives me peace of mind and keeps my fingers from freezing

Bob Haller said:
Self install. I used to be a dealer but questions like these I am not up to date on.

I have a DP twin feeding a DP3 to 4 switch looking at 61.5, 110 and 119. two 522s should do just fine.

although I have a backup dish with a DP quad looking at just 110 and 119. have cables to both boxes, in case of a outdoor failure on a cold nite. had a LNB fail once at 10pm, zero degrees with snow.

Extra dish gives me peace of mind and keeps my fingers from freezing
I totally agree with redundant systems. I have a back up Dish 500 if my superdish quits. I know I will lose locals but can get them off air through my digital tuner untill I can get what ever fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)