522 receiver buzzing noise

Riggar

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
underground
Hi, I am new to the forum and it looks like you guys have a lot of good info and smart people! I just activated my 522 with dish network and I'm waiting for my card to come. I noticed when it's hooked up to my tv with RCA cables my tv makes a buzzing noise and lines go up the screen. I have tried several RCA's going directly to my tv and through a vcr. I also tried some of my other boxes and they worked fine, so it's definately this receiver. Does anybody know what the problem can be? Thanks in advance

I noticed when it's hooked up to my tv with RCA cables my tv makes a buzzing noise and lines go up the screen. I have tried several RCA's going directly to my tv and through a vcr. I also tried some of my other boxes and they worked fine, so it's definately this receiver. Does anybody know what the problem can be? Thanks in advance
Is your 522 connected to a second TV?

What you describe sounds a little like a ground loop or a bad neutral between electrical circuits.

Problem solved!

I disconnected my cable line going to my TV and the problem went away. I don't care about not getting cable in here since I have satellite but I still want to figure out why it is interfering with this receiver but works fine with my other ones.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)