Personal Folders on 622

David

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Just noticed on my 622 this morning that personalized folders are now available. Been waiting for this convenient option for awhile. Software version 621...

Actually, I think it happened sometime yesterday because I recall turning the box on in the evening and having to enter my password to view TV...

So what are the Personalized Folders like?
You can create a folder with a custom name and direct future recordings to be deposited into that folder. I created folders named for each member of the household and took programs in the My Recordings List and sent them to whoever recorded them. For example, my teenage daughter's recordings, which I have no interest in, now end up in her folder. The programs that more than one person is interested in viewing, I left alone.
In summation, it simply cleans up and shortens the long recording list that you have.

I got my update sometime in the evening also. The custom groups are pretty nice. I can group all of my kid's cartoons into one group and clean up the list quite a bit. I haven't quite figured out the Playlist feature yet.

It takes some time, but you can go into the existing timers list and under "options" re-direct any future recordings to go to specific folders. The reason it takes time is once you select 'done", it takes a good 20-25 seconds to execute and exit the screen.

Can you password protect each folder so that the kids can't see mom and dads stuff?

Not that I can see. The folders work just like the regular group folders with the exception of custom naming and miscellaneous shows can be placed in them.

This discussion belongs in the New Software Updates thread under the Dish Network - Technical Discussion thread.

This discussion belongs in the New Software Updates thread under the Dish Network - Technical Discussion thread.

Disagee-if there were problems with it, then a technical discussion. Announcement of a new feature more fitting in the main forum. Besides, this thread was started first...