522 sync issues on LIVE TV ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N7OR

Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
The last 2 days I have been having audio/video sync issues while watching LIVE tv. Not always on the same channel. A full hard reboot did not help. Sometimes a skip back does fix it. A skip forward or a view tv command to get back to live tv will put it right out of sync again. This is a 1 week old 522, and we never noticed this the first week. An archive search shows that this happens to alot of people while watching a recording, but this is ridiculous. This is on tuner 1, with tuner 2 turned off and nothing recording. Is this a new 522 issue, or common?

I've had my 522 since mid January, and have the same problem, so it is common. There was supposed to be a software fix last month, but the L233 didn't do it. While using the skip back button will often help, any burp in the transmission means having to do it over. This isn't what I was promised or expected, and I wouldn't recommend Dish Net until they really fix it.

I've now had my 522 for a total of 5 hours and it's already done this. I was watching Monster Garage and it was freaking out. The sound was waaayyyy out of sync. Ah well, it's only till November and then I ditch Dish.

I just started seeing this on my 322 as well, which is basically a 522 without the recording.

15 months and little progress has been made on sync/pixellation issues.

If they would put as much effort into fixing old issues as they do creating new features for 'Dish Home' and interactive shopping at 'Sharper Image' we would have a top of the line DVR. :(

BFG said:
I just started seeing this on my 322 as well, which is basically a 522 without the recording.
This might explain why I sometimes get recordings that skipping back/forward doesn't fix the sync problem. The transmission must have the audio out of sync.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)