522 to 622 any deals??

cpa4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
I am just finishing the construction of a new house and getting ready to request a "Dish Move". Are there any current promotions for someone going from a 522 to a 622? If not, does anyone expect a deal anytime soon. As I can wait to have it moved for probably about another month.

Thanks

$299 for the 622. 6 months obligation to a metallic package. You get $25 if you return your old receiver. Plus $6 per month lease fee and $5.99 DVR fee.

Sounds like nothing good right now. Too bad my local cable company isn't offering HD yet. They have no idea when they even will. So, looks like I will be stuck paying the $299 for Dish. :(

Yep, the only way to get a 622 is to fork over $299 for the privilege of leasing. I was also a 522 customer, but unlike you, I had Comcast as an option; even my E* retention rep couldn't budge on the $299, though she was willing to give me a 211 (HD non-DVR). And D* charges even more for leasing a non-MPEG4 HD DVR, though they offer some hope of a free upgrade. Either hand Charlie those 299 samoleans, or wait for a better offer. (That's basically what I'm doing at Comcast.)

I am in that same quandry. I have the option of Comcast as well with digital service for $29/month as a "dish dumper" for one year. I looked at the HD channel lineup and it looks like they have 10 channels total of HD, with at least 25% of those premium channels like HBO, etc.

With Dish I get 23 HD channels + whatever SD package I sign up for if I get the 622. I have heard horror stories about the Comcast HD DVR, but on the other hand would it be better to go cable for a year and then be eligible for a "new customer" plan after my introductory price with comcast expires next year?

Comcast was horrendous with my cable modem service I had prior to SBC offering DSL, as it routinely went out and just miraculously came back online an hour after I called to complain and them telling me they had to send a tech out a week later. :rolleyes:

How happy are you with your Comcast service?

--DD73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts