522 to 622 question

dannsh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Clinton, MT
We have a 622 hooked up for two TV's. We are thinking about swapping out our 522 for my daughter for a 622. Is there any technical reason Dish would require or need to send out a technician to do the install. I just had to replace our 622 with no problems.

The only thing that need change is that if your daughter's ViP622 is driving a TV2, you'll need to figure out a new TV channel to send it on.

DISH Network will be able to answer your self-install question with much greater certainty than anyone here.

We have a 622 hooked up for two TV's. We are thinking about swapping out our 522 for my daughter for a 622. Is there any technical reason Dish would require or need to send out a technician to do the install. I just had to replace our 622 with no problems.

No she just has one HD TV.

Just a reminder Dish's 522 has a 2 hour pause limit and 2-120 minute live buffers,Dish's 622 has a 1 hour pause limit and 2-60 minute live buffers.

Just a reminder Dish's 522 has a 2 hour pause limit and 2-120 minute live buffers,Dish's 622 has a 1 hour pause limit and 2-60 minute live buffers.

The 622 is HD that would make the difference in the pause limit and buffers.
I don't think that will be an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)