522 to 722 questions on setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

justin2380

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Right now I have a 522 with both turners running throughout the house on coax. I have tuner 1 coming out of the receiver using both the coax output and the composite output. Tuner 2 comes out of the coax output and hooks up to the rest of the house.

My question is with the new 722 will I be able to do this same setup? I know that tuner 2 will still come out of the coax output so that is not a problem. Can i run tuner 2 out of both HDMI and composite/component at the same time? How will I get tuner 1 outputed to the rest of the house using coax?

Thanks in advance!

First off, tuners and outputs are two different things. There are two satellite tuners that receive signals and display and/or record them. There is also one OTA tuner.

Independent of that, there are two outputs. TV1 is the output that provides both HD and SD signals. It has composite, component, S-video and HDMI outputs, all of which are live at the same time. TV2 is the other output, and it only provides SD signals. If you watch an HD program via TV2, it will be in SD. This assumes you are in dual mode. You also have the coax output.

If I understand your setup correctly, yes you can do the exact same thing with the ViP722. You might want to read pages 88 and 103 in the manual (available online) about your coax distribution. You can send the TV1 signal on one "channel" and the TV2 signal on another.

Ok sorry for the confusion I did know the difference just didnt get it across very clearly.

The fact that all the outputs are live at the same time answers my first question.

Now the question is how to I get TV1 to be outputted to coax??

The primary difference will be that the ViP722 puts out a stereo signal on both modulated channels where the 522 puts out stereo only on TV2.

Ok sorry for the confusion I did know the difference just didnt get it across very clearly.

The fact that all the outputs are live at the same time answers my first question.

Now the question is how to I get TV1 to be outputted to coax??
You must turn on the modulation for TV1. To do that, go to menu, then choose option 6 (System Setup), then 1 (Installation), then 5 (Modulator Setup) and then choose either Cable or Air and a channel.

Geoff

ok I think i undestand now, so the channel distribution on the back of the receiver that says 21-69 will output TV1 and TV2? I was confused and that it would just do TV2 for some reason.

ok I think i undestand now, so the channel distribution on the back of the receiver that says 21-69 will output TV1 and TV2? I was confused and that it would just do TV2 for some reason.
Correct, it will output Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 over the one jack. You can use splitters (yes, just ordinary everyday splitters) to split the signal for the number of TVs you want to run off it. We have ours setup so if feeds 4 Tuners (2 from a 625 and 2 from the 722) into 5 TVs.

Geoff

To be picky and correct GNASH, it will output TV1 & TV2 on that coax. In SD, of course, as stated. Not tuners. Tuners are a separate animal from outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)