522 - TV1, No Signal? TV2 okay?

EJM707

Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Having a bit of a problem that I don't quite understand. I have a 522 receiver. I've been watching TV2 all day. Decided to go to the other room and watch TV1. Turned on the TV and noticed I wasn't getting a signal on that particular TV. It kept scrolling thru the different sat's and transponders w/ no luck.

I shut off the system and restarted. Same problem. I checked the connections to the receiver...all appear to be tight.

Thru online DISH help, they had me run a "check switch"...I got a warning message 530; telling me a sat input or switch is not connected. Afterward, Sat input 1 appeared fine, while Sat input 2 had what appeared to be connection problems along w/ a reception error.

Well...someone will be coming out Sunday. I feel helpless at this moment. Is there something I can check on my own that I (in my basic technological skills) can try and do to fix this on my own. The CSR said it's either the receiver or the location. Not sure what he meant by the location. Of course TV1 is our main TV. TV2 is in our office and we have a TV in our bedroom w/ a 311. If I can't do anything...can I switch over TV2 to be viewed on TV1 too? Any help or thought is appreciated. Thanks.

PS...why can I view tv on TV2 and not TV1 if it's the receiver or a connection problem.

Run check switch again. See the functional TV switches from TV1 to TV2, or vice versa. If so, you need a new receiver. This is a common behavior of a 522 failure.

If the check switch is the same, and functionality hasn't changed, then you need the tech to check wiring, connections, etc. to find the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts