522 tv2 remote problems - new twist?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

markav

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I've read a couple different threads about problems with the tv2 remote but none that quite fit the issue I am having.

I've had this machine for over a year now with no problems with the tv2 remote. It stopped working last night (or recently, in any case... it had been a few days since I used tv2).

Tried new batteries, no luck. I read one thread about a couple people suspecting it was caused by heat issues in the reciever, so I left it unplugged overnight (and the machine actually doesn't seem to get too hot anyway). Still no luck. Tried the other usual suspects -- reset, check switch, etc. Still no luck.

As an aside, about a month ago I had this happen to another 522 that we have. I unplugged it for a few minutes and it started working again - haven't had a problem since. But as I said that isn't working on the machine with the current problem.

Any ideas? Any way this could have something to do with a recent software update?

When I was having issues with mine. I used a splitter in reverse, sent the remote antenna through the coax to where the tv2 is at, used another splitter and attached the antenna to that and I have not had a problem since. I know that is not the proper way to do it. But I didn't want to spend the 20 bucks on the proper equipment when this worked.

bpickell said:
When I was having issues with mine. I used a splitter in reverse, sent the remote antenna through the coax to where the tv2 is at, used another splitter and attached the antenna to that and I have not had a problem since. I know that is not the proper way to do it. But I didn't want to spend the 20 bucks on the proper equipment when this worked.

My problem is it simply will not work at all. I can be standing right in front of the 522 box and pointing the tv2 remote right at it and it still won't work.

For what it's worth I finally figured out the problem. As many of you may know (but I did not), if you hold down the "sat" key on the remote for a few seconds the remote goes into a mode where you can program in an address that must be matched on the 522 system info screen for the tv2 remote to work. I think someone must have accidentally messed up the remote address. I found a remote manual on the dish site and followed the proceedure to set the address again, and it works fine now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts