522 tv2 remote problems - new twist?

markav

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I've read a couple different threads about problems with the tv2 remote but none that quite fit the issue I am having.

I've had this machine for over a year now with no problems with the tv2 remote. It stopped working last night (or recently, in any case... it had been a few days since I used tv2).

Tried new batteries, no luck. I read one thread about a couple people suspecting it was caused by heat issues in the reciever, so I left it unplugged overnight (and the machine actually doesn't seem to get too hot anyway). Still no luck. Tried the other usual suspects -- reset, check switch, etc. Still no luck.

As an aside, about a month ago I had this happen to another 522 that we have. I unplugged it for a few minutes and it started working again - haven't had a problem since. But as I said that isn't working on the machine with the current problem.

Any ideas? Any way this could have something to do with a recent software update?

When I was having issues with mine. I used a splitter in reverse, sent the remote antenna through the coax to where the tv2 is at, used another splitter and attached the antenna to that and I have not had a problem since. I know that is not the proper way to do it. But I didn't want to spend the 20 bucks on the proper equipment when this worked.

bpickell said:
When I was having issues with mine. I used a splitter in reverse, sent the remote antenna through the coax to where the tv2 is at, used another splitter and attached the antenna to that and I have not had a problem since. I know that is not the proper way to do it. But I didn't want to spend the 20 bucks on the proper equipment when this worked.

My problem is it simply will not work at all. I can be standing right in front of the 522 box and pointing the tv2 remote right at it and it still won't work.

For what it's worth I finally figured out the problem. As many of you may know (but I did not), if you hold down the "sat" key on the remote for a few seconds the remote goes into a mode where you can program in an address that must be matched on the 522 system info screen for the tv2 remote to work. I think someone must have accidentally messed up the remote address. I found a remote manual on the dish site and followed the proceedure to set the address again, and it works fine now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts