522 UHF Remote Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Highwayman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Arkansas
I got the 522 upgrade on Feb 1st. It was installed and the UHF remote worked great for about 22 hours. Then it stopped working all together. I called Dish and they put me through all the tests and then said they would send me a new remote.

The new remote came and it also worked great at first....for about 2 days. Then nothing again. Then I decided to run a jumper wire out of the rear of my entertainment center and attach the remote antenna to that. (thinking that it might just for some reason not be receiving the signal) That worked great for about 1 week and I thought I had fixed the problem. Then last night the remote stopped working again, I could hold it right next to the antenna and it would work. Today I got home from work and it was working fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had intermediate lapses in there UHF remote functionality? I haven't seen a real pattern for the problem yet.

I've had a problem like that in the past. I had to pull out the blue tab and re-insert it. Dunno why, but that fixed it.

Try that.

Mark_AR said:
I've had a problem like that in the past. I had to pull out the blue tab and re-insert it. Dunno why, but that fixed it.

Try that.

The Blue plastic tab when inserted pushes the switch inside to the side that puts the remote into UHF mode.
The Green Tab pushes the switch to the otherside and into RF mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)