522 UHF Remotes

M

matthewh

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 27, 2004
22
0
I have a 522 receiver with one IR and one UHF remote. I would like to have both remotes UHF. Where do I find a #1 UHF remote for it? Can I get one off ebay or something?

Also, is there anywhere I can download a manual for the 522 since I seem to have lost mine?

Thanks.

Matthew
 
S

SteveC

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 10, 2004
39
0
I got mine on EBay. Very reasonable prices there.

Steve
 
M

matthewh

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 27, 2004
22
0
you can buy the UHF remote from E*'s website. The manual can also be found at E*'s website under customer care.

So where is "E*'s" website?

Matthew
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
Only retailers can purchase off of the E* website but consumers can purchase off of the Dish Network website.
 
rspainhower

rspainhower

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 10, 2005
33
0
I would buy it off of ebay. I got mine for $8 and it is $50 from dish. Works Great.
 
G

grape8pe

Member
Sep 1, 2005
11
0
Green or Blue

I'm looking at purchasing on off eBay. Does it matter if the bottom has the #1 green tag or the #2 blue tag? I want the remote to control TV #1, but all the remotes on eBay are listed as TV #2 remotes. Any advice?
 
Van

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
9,316
1
Virginia Beach
if its number 1 it has to be a uhf pro labeled remote, otherwise the number 1 green is non uhf, you can get a second number 2 and change the remote address settings to have your second number 2 remote run tuner 1.
 
G

grape8pe

Member
Sep 1, 2005
11
0
Van said:
if its number 1 it has to be a uhf pro labeled remote, otherwise the number 1 green is non uhf, you can get a second number 2 and change the remote address settings to have your second number 2 remote run tuner 1.

So you're saying the bottom tab can be colored blue and control TV #1 as long as it's programed correctly?
 
Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
8,191
1,058
Satsuma, AL
yes, set it to the same address as your existing green remote, and enable TV1 UHF Pro in the sysinfo.
 
G

grape8pe

Member
Sep 1, 2005
11
0
Pepper said:
yes, set it to the same address as your existing green remote, and enable TV1 UHF Pro in the sysinfo.

My new UHF remote came in yesterday from an eBay purchase. I setup the remote to work with the current TV1 address and enabled UHF for TV1 within the installation menu. It won't control TV1 though. If I switch the blue key to green it work, but IR only. When I set it to the TV2 address everything works fine (blue key). What am I missing here. I found a link for a green UHF key; is this what I need? If so should I purchase this online or do you think DISH would send this out to me for free?
 
R

rowemance

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 13, 2005
216
0
You need to buy a Replacement 522 Remote Part # 128580 this will come with the proper keys to change the remote to #1 UHF also you will need to change the setting on your 522 so #1 will receive UHF signals. (NOTE the some 522 #1 remote that came with receivers will not do this UHF Function) So beware of a remote off ebay it might not be UHF only IR.
 
Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
8,191
1,058
Satsuma, AL
grape just said, it works fine on TV2.

there are legends of such animals as #1 green UHF Pro remotes but I have never seen one. A blue remote works just fine if it is set to the same address as TV1 on the sysinfo.

one thing to try, on the uhf pro setup screen you can move the cursor to the TV1 position, then press the record button on which one of the blue remotes you want to control TV1, that should get you going.
 
G

grape8pe

Member
Sep 1, 2005
11
0
Pepper said:
grape just said, it works fine on TV2.

there are legends of such animals as #1 green UHF Pro remotes but I have never seen one. A blue remote works just fine if it is set to the same address as TV1 on the sysinfo.

one thing to try, on the uhf pro setup screen you can move the cursor to the TV1 position, then press the record button on which one of the blue remotes you want to control TV1, that should get you going.

Thanks for the help, everything is working now.
 

Similar threads

JohnL
Replies
15
Views
3K
n0qcu
n0qcu
Mark_AR
Replies
3
Views
1K
Kevinw
Kevinw
W
Replies
8
Views
2K
A
H
Replies
2
Views
1K
NightRyder
NightRyder
O
Replies
5
Views
2K
sneader
sneader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top