522 UHF Remotes

matthewh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I have a 522 receiver with one IR and one UHF remote. I would like to have both remotes UHF. Where do I find a #1 UHF remote for it? Can I get one off ebay or something?

Also, is there anywhere I can download a manual for the 522 since I seem to have lost mine?

Thanks.

Matthew

you can buy the UHF remote from E*'s website. The manual can also be found at E*'s website under customer care.

So where is "E*'s" website?

Matthew

Only retailers can purchase off of the E* website but consumers can purchase off of the Dish Network website.

Green or Blue

I'm looking at purchasing on off eBay. Does it matter if the bottom has the #1 green tag or the #2 blue tag? I want the remote to control TV #1, but all the remotes on eBay are listed as TV #2 remotes. Any advice?

if its number 1 it has to be a uhf pro labeled remote, otherwise the number 1 green is non uhf, you can get a second number 2 and change the remote address settings to have your second number 2 remote run tuner 1.

Van said:
if its number 1 it has to be a uhf pro labeled remote, otherwise the number 1 green is non uhf, you can get a second number 2 and change the remote address settings to have your second number 2 remote run tuner 1.

So you're saying the bottom tab can be colored blue and control TV #1 as long as it's programed correctly?

yes, set it to the same address as your existing green remote, and enable TV1 UHF Pro in the sysinfo.

Pepper said:
yes, set it to the same address as your existing green remote, and enable TV1 UHF Pro in the sysinfo.

My new UHF remote came in yesterday from an eBay purchase. I setup the remote to work with the current TV1 address and enabled UHF for TV1 within the installation menu. It won't control TV1 though. If I switch the blue key to green it work, but IR only. When I set it to the TV2 address everything works fine (blue key). What am I missing here. I found a link for a green UHF key; is this what I need? If so should I purchase this online or do you think DISH would send this out to me for free?

You need to buy a Replacement 522 Remote Part # 128580 this will come with the proper keys to change the remote to #1 UHF also you will need to change the setting on your 522 so #1 will receive UHF signals. (NOTE the some 522 #1 remote that came with receivers will not do this UHF Function) So beware of a remote off ebay it might not be UHF only IR.

grape just said, it works fine on TV2.

there are legends of such animals as #1 green UHF Pro remotes but I have never seen one. A blue remote works just fine if it is set to the same address as TV1 on the sysinfo.

one thing to try, on the uhf pro setup screen you can move the cursor to the TV1 position, then press the record button on which one of the blue remotes you want to control TV1, that should get you going.

Pepper said:
grape just said, it works fine on TV2.

there are legends of such animals as #1 green UHF Pro remotes but I have never seen one. A blue remote works just fine if it is set to the same address as TV1 on the sysinfo.

one thing to try, on the uhf pro setup screen you can move the cursor to the TV1 position, then press the record button on which one of the blue remotes you want to control TV1, that should get you going.

Thanks for the help, everything is working now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts