522 Version L2.08 Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
cableman2 said:
i suggest that you read everything you can on this site before posting something stupid like you did...
That was kind of harsh.
Just because he's new (nieve) and hasn't read 6 months of posts doesn't make his comments "stupid". He'll be ranting about problems with his 522 soon enough as his hard drive fills up.

Welcome GRS1959. Enjoy the bliss of your glitch-free 522 while it lasts :D

let me rephrase that...naive...sorry for the "stupid"....but there is a wealth of knowledge on this site...read read read....

cableman2 said:
i suggest that you read everything you can on this site before posting something stupid like you did,.

Hey Cableman2, get down off your high horse and take an f'n chill pill. The guy's new and obviously DID do some reading .....
Quote:I haven't had any of the major problems I have read about here (yet). I did notice, within hours of the install, the A/V sync problem while using the DVR functions.
So just welcome the guy like I'm sure you and the rest of us were when we were new to this forum.

Sorry, I just hate when people come off like that.

Welcome GRS1959!!

maximum said:
He'll be ranting about problems with his 522 soon enough as his hard drive fills up.

Welcome GRS1959. Enjoy the bliss of your glitch-free 522 while it lasts :D
Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones, and I won't have any other problems. I've been using rabbit ears for the past 6 mos, so I am in heaven right now.

At least the tech guy on the phone admitted the A/V sync problem was a problem...this is the response I received from Dish via email: It is normal for the audio/video to become out of synch on occasion.

Thanks for the welcome guys...this really is a great site. :)

jgray127 said:
The "Start Over" button doesn't show up when you first go into the program from the DVR list if the show is still recording. However, if you back out of the screen via the "Done" button and then go back in, "Start Over" will be there. It's been like this for the last few versions as far as I can tell.

This wasn't quite the problem I experienced. The Start Over button was active, but hitting it did nothing - it simply put you into the program in progress, and interestingly enough you couldn't rewind it either.

I experienced this a couple times on the first day I had 2.08, but haven't since - although I don't think I've had to record two programs at once much since then.

I agree that the stuttering and popping has been worse with this update. Too bad, they had been making some progress on that front.

I was talking to a csr about the fact that i had to redo all my timers and she said "thats ashame, i regret that I have to hear these things from you customers"

just had to laugh it off.....

anyone ready to completely hack these boxes and put out our own firmware?

cableman2 said:
i suggest that you read everything you can on this site before posting something stupid like you did,as we all know the 522 has problems and that those of us who were lucky to get to be testers for the logging software ,i would read ,read and read some more.....as you will find tech support does not have a clue as to what is going on,you will learn young one....... :yes :no :shocked ....

Is it really necessary to be so rude to a new member?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)