522 weired channel jumping

satvad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
For the past few days, I have a hard time keeping the channel locked into one channel. Some times it doesn't even stay for a minute. Just randomly :confused: changes to different channels. Especially I am worried about the pay per view channels. Suddenly pop up comes asking is it true you want to buy this channel. I have very hard time to cancel before it takes it as automatically accept.

I was thinking it may be problem with my remote, so I changed batteries. Finally I removed batteries from remote thinking that that is the problem, but still no luck. Any one has any experience like this? What could be causing this problem? Especially I notice this during the night very frequently. Since I own the equipment, I guess no point in calling dishnetwork tech help?

satvad said:
For the past few days, I have a hard time keeping the channel locked into one channel. Some times it doesn't even stay for a minute. Just randomly :confused: changes to different channels. Especially I am worried about the pay per view channels. Suddenly pop up comes asking is it true you want to buy this channel. I have very hard time to cancel before it takes it as automatically accept.

I was thinking it may be problem with my remote, so I changed batteries. Finally I removed batteries from remote thinking that that is the problem, but still no luck. Any one has any experience like this? What could be causing this problem? Especially I notice this during the night very frequently. Since I own the equipment, I guess no point in calling dishnetwork tech help?

I guess there needs to be a stickied thread to address this problem since it's been asked 24,986 other times, half of those on Charlie Chats. :)

Most likely, one of your neighbors has DISH Network and is changing your channels at the same time via the UHF remote.

chaddux said:
I guess there needs to be a stickied thread to address this problem since it's been asked 24,986 other times, half of those on Charlie Chats. :)

Most likely, one of your neighbors has DISH Network and is changing your channels at the same time via the UHF remote.

I thought about this possibility, But atleast my next door people, i.e., front, back, and sides doesn't have dishnetwork. I thought uhf will not travel that far. May be I am wrong. Anyhow may be I should remove the uhf antenna to check it out. Anyhow I am using it in single mode, so I really don't need the uhf. Thanks.

satvad said:
I thought about this possibility, But atleast my next door people, i.e., front, back, and sides doesn't have dishnetwork. I thought uhf will not travel that far. May be I am wrong. Anyhow may be I should remove the uhf antenna to check it out. Anyhow I am using it in single mode, so I really don't need the uhf. Thanks.

No need for that. Just change the remote address.

If it were a neighbor, it would only be on TV2 that all of this activity was happening. (I think)

Remove the uhf antenna or change your TV2 remote address and see if that helps. (At least your 522 won't be listening for commands from a neighbors remote unless they also change to the exact same address as yours)

Or be hateful and take your TV2 remote and start pressing buttons like Dish Home, soap channel, or 101 and see which one of your neighbors come unglued first. :dev

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)