522 with 2.51 ... Caller ID still problematic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

G Luis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
Down the road a piece
While I agree that the 2.51 update has improved a lot of past issues, the caller ID function is still hit or miss.

Some may think this a minor item, which I guess it is, but it is a function that is not working properly, at least for me. Plus, I had a 5000 for over 5 years that performed flawlessly with the number coming up immediately ... not the 2 ring lag you get with the 522 ... when it is working. :(

I've had a 522 (actually two) since last January, and have never seen the called ID feature work. It is enabled, and the ID on the phones all work fine.

Worse now than ever before. I think it has caught two or three calls over the past two weeks. It used to catch at least half. And there's always been an undocumented "feature" that when there are 50 items in the list no more can occur.

My 522 caller ID works almost all the time its rare that it will have a problem it might be your phone lines or phone company that is the problem. Also do you have DSL maybe that could also be causing a problem with the caller ID. My phone company is SBC and I use a cable modem for internet access also I do not have any other phone options no call waiting no 3 way calling only phone option is caller ID with name. My 522 is operated in single mode also if that would make a difference.

my 522 is in single mode and the Caller ID worked fairly well before 2.50 and 2.51. Now it has only caught 3 calls since 2.51.

blabber said:
I've noticed it gets a little befuddled sometimes with odd ring patterns, like priority or distinctive ring, for instance, short-long-short. !sadroll
I think it just gets befuddled period. One time it'll work and the next time (from the same #) it won't. Definitely worse now (@ 2.51) than with previous s/w releases.

Shadowtester said:
My 522 caller ID works almost all the time its rare that it will have a problem it might be your phone lines or phone company that is the problem. Also do you have DSL maybe that could also be causing a problem with the caller ID. My phone company is SBC and I use a cable modem for internet access also I do not have any other phone options no call waiting no 3 way calling only phone option is caller ID with name. My 522 is operated in single mode also if that would make a difference.

I do have DSL but it is properly filtered at the 522 phone connection. I'm also in single mode with no other call line features other than ID.

As I mentioned, I did have a 5000 that worked flawlessly for about 7 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)