522 won't record, any ideas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
My dad's 522 DVR won't record new shows ever since last week. It was working fine for months. His phone line isn't connected, but I didn't think that mattered since he was recording prior.

He can setup timers, they just won't record. Live TV is just fine, though there have been rain showers lately and occasional Satellite signal levels dropping. He's on sat 110 and 119 and both showed 3 losses of signal in a 12 hour period (not enough to mess up the live tv). I don't understand how it's all related, but you'd think if he was watching tv fine, that a scheduled event would record. He only has been trying 1 timer with 1 of 1 priority so there are no conflicts and his events are under 10 count.

I don't know what else is worth trying.

UPDATE: I had him record the remainder of a show for 1 minute and it would record, but it won't record a scheduled timer. Still screwy...

Have you checked software and DNASP?, G3 card?, can he access recorded content?, any errors like 311 or 024?
The software is L536 or something like that, seemed newer.

What's DNASP? I'm guessing the G3 card is the purple card they send for security, if not let me know what it is.

He can access and view recorded content. No errors noticed.

Is the 522 in single mode?
Unplug ac cord from the receiver for 3 minutes and plug back in and allow it to reboot. (this corrects many problems)

Is the 522 in single mode?
Unplug ac cord from the receiver for 3 minutes and plug back in and allow it to reboot. (this corrects many problems)
It is in dual mode.

We unplugged it for 10 minutes and it still has the same problem. Today we got the phone line connected for the first time, so I'm going to see what happens tomorrow after a nightly update.

It wouldn't record at all today after pulling the plug and restarting it.

Thanks for the tips though.

I have a guess for your model to try

The 722 factory reset is:

1. Unplug for 30 seconds
2. While unplugged, push power switch 10 times.
3. Plug back in.

Keep-alive on-motherboard Lithium battery permits a response to the reset command (probably, don't know for certain)

If I tried that, what things would I have to enter in to start it up fresh? I don't want to do a factory reset if there are going to be issues setting it up new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)