53.0W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Any known issues with this bird for pointing at 53.0W to receive AIT? Can someone provide correct meter settings for 53.0W? (provide a link to a list of the TPs with Freqs and SRs).

Thank you.

Is there a way to also check the status of NTA Int'l on 97.0W (TP 11989 V)? Lyngsat shows as of the other day, that it appears working, BUT, a couple people I know say that there is no reception from their STB, and they are receiving the colored bars on the screen (like a network station being off the air overnight). Is this channel / station not transmitting?

Is there a way to also check the status of NTA Int'l on 97.0W (TP 11989 V)? Lyngsat shows as of the other day, that it appears working, BUT, a couple people I know say that there is no reception from their STB, and they are receiving the colored bars on the screen (like a network station being off the air overnight). Is this channel / station not transmitting?
I don't watch that channel but just checked it and I'm seeing the same thing here - color bars with Globecast logo and time display. Not sure what's up. Could be a technical issue, channel moving, forgot to pay the 'rent'. Guess time will tell... :rolleyes:

One more ? sir, since you are up and active on this fine Sunday morning...are there any other Nigerian channels (news or otherwise), that can be viewed here in our west hemi, that can be picked up FTA?, or is that NTA on 97.0 the only one? Thank you for your fine expertise.

One more ? sir, since you are up and active on this fine Sunday morning...are there any other Nigerian channels (news or otherwise), that can be viewed here in our west hemi, that can be picked up FTA?, or is that NTA on 97.0 the only one? Thank you for your fine expertise.
I can't say there aren't any but I don't know of any. I did find a listing that said NTA International was on c band at 27.5W (4119 L 2893) but that was in February of 2016 though so it may not be there any longer. Also, that's fairly low in the sky so probably difficult to 'see' and would require the di-electric slab to be inserted in your lnbf since it is circular polarity. If you have the capability of streaming (on your computer?) there are some Nigerian channels listed at Lyngsat. I haven't tried them so I have no idea if they work or what content they carry. Here is the page: Free TV from Nigeria - LyngSat They are the ones with a white background that says Lyngsat Stream. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts