$549, 921 - Did you Buy?

but what's an OTA HDTV DVR cost?

My POV - I could spend $300 on an HDTV OTA receiver or get this and take my chances on the MPEG4 thing. A few months ago I purchased the Samsung OTA HDTV receiver to see the local channels in Atlanta. It was nice but I ended up returning it to CCity in the end. I just ordered my 921 from the DishStore, lets see how it works out.

Jim

hzhao said:
I am just a little crazy about man's toys:) As of now, I had whole house equiped with 2 811s, 3 921s and one 721. With Sharp 45" and 26" LCD, Mitsubish 30" LCD and 55" RPTV, and Samsung 50" Plasma. 721 is with an old SHarp LCD front project. Like I posted on another topic, I just "support" wife to buy shoes every week and visit mall every other day, in trade of keep my toys up to date :) Almost forgot, I make sure to tell her that I bought all of those for her :)

I guess I will take a break for now :) COuld not find any more excueses for more toys :)
Dude! Right On! I wonder if I can make it work for me? :)

I ended up swapping out for all DishPro on the roof and dropping three lines to the basement where I put the 34 switch - now I can add as many receivers as I want right from there! Thanks for the help both here in teh forum and by Claude Greiner at the dishstore.

The picture is fantastic on my Samsung 42 DLP - the 921 hasn't given me any real problems, especially after the software upgrade. My OTA channels are great (so glad we moved closer to the city - Atlanta) and DiscoveryHD makes the kids Oooh and Aaaah. Me, I cant get enough football and action movies.

Boy this is an old thread. I was trying to figure out why anyone would pay $549 for a 921?, then I noticed the date :) Can't you upgrade to a 942 or something, the 921 was such a headache.

Brad

921 number 2 dead, 921 number 3 on the way... I had a leased deal for a 622 shipped until the tech checked and said a tech would come out and install when they could get one... I said no, send me the 921 ;) (I prefer to install and own my equipment, plus the fact when you have been burglarized you tend to get skittish about letting any strangers into your home)
</IMG>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)