$549, 921 - Did you Buy?

Hey cool, a thread I remember from before my 20 month hiatus. :)

Here's a tip I can offer to save on your 921 hard drive's wear and tear if you prefer to leave it "on" (aside from turning it "off" which is really just a sort of standby).

I set up daily auto-tune timers on my 921 to tune to an analog OTA station when I'm not likely to be using it for a while--the main one occurred at 1:30am. As long as it is tuned to an analog station it is not buffering anything to the hard drive.

Just a few weeks ago I deactivated my 921 when I upgraded my dish and replaced my 522 with a ViP622. But from December of 2004 until then, it ran fairly well (hardware wise; many, many obviously software-induced issues aside).

My first one's HDD died, this one I think receiver croaked as the lights don't come on, fans do and sounds like HDD spins up...the replacement will likely be short lived as I will either sell it or trade up. I have an 811 that I want to replace also, thinking of buying a 211 and selling the 811 for an OTA receiver...

Actially I bumped it last fall when #1 died replaced by #2... now waiting on #3 ;) I guess I should change the thread title :D

I just sold my old 921 (bought for $1000 and running since Jan 2004 - no HW problems to a DBS talk member for $100 + shipping. Dish would only give me $10 to return it to them. Ebay has them for $100-250, but I preferred selling to a DBStalk member. I'm new to Satellite Guys or I would have posted here too.

Paul
</IMG></IMG>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts