549$ 921 hook ups and problems

Yep, had mine for about a week too and it works well. I'm getting more subchannels with the 921 than I got with the 6000. However, I did experience some lockup with trying to view the local channel 8 PBS OTA station. I've yet to go thru the OTA stations one by one and see which ones cause problems, I have a feeling by the time I get to do that, L201 may have already spooled.

Skipping back and forth are my most used features, pausing a football game live in HD is awesome....I can always get an instant replay! :)

Michael

A week in with mine and so far so good. I only have CBS, ABC, and PBS broadcasting on their digital channels. Have been able to record all 3 and pause, go back, and forward on all 3. Hopefully Fox will have their new tower up next month and be able receive that one too.

BIG problem...:) Running out of space...Replays with 60-80 hours at HQ have spoilt me....still have not seen T-1 yet and mine is almost full of CBS stuff ie...CSI's, Ncis, Without a trace and Cold Case...good thing Im off for 8 days starting fri:)

Interesting, I just finished watching the Csi repeat and decided to see how much was buffered... It went all the way back to the beginning of Jag 2 hour buffer. I assumed it would be like my 501 and only go back an hour. My Replays will buffer however much space is left on the HDD.

I have my 921 hooked to a dpp44 along with a 6000u ( 6000 hooked up to power inserter) I took the 6000u with me camping over the weekend. When I returned this afternoon and hooked up the 6000 (before switch check) 921 would not get any programming, no signals in dish pointing menu however I had a guide. Did the switch check on the 6000 as I used it with legecy twin over the weekend, the 921 magically got signal...(had did switch check with 921 before I did the6000 and everything looked OK.) strange.

Next time you move your 6000, try doing a switch check prior to hooking it up. It won't see anything, but this resets the switch matrix. Then hook it up and check switch again.

Chances are, your 6000 immediatly sent some signals out when you hooked it to the dpp44 and powered it on that confused your dpp44. The 6000 thought it was hooked up to a different kind of switch, which can be bad mojo.

ajohnson said:
Next time you move your 6000, try doing a switch check prior to hooking it up. It won't see anything, but this resets the switch matrix. Then hook it up and check switch again.

Chances are, your 6000 immediatly sent some signals out when you hooked it to the dpp44 and powered it on that confused your dpp44. The 6000 thought it was hooked up to a different kind of switch, which can be bad mojo.
Not a bad Idea... thanks

I just installed my 921 this morning. I too had the problem with the switch test. I took the SATs from my 721 and put them on the 921. The 921 said I had incompatible switches, blah blah blah. I did the switch check with nothing connected, then hooked them up again and check switch was successful!

Now it's downloading the latest software. Talk about slow! It's on 18 of 30, showing an elapsed time of 18hrs, 23 minutes. It actuality, it's been about 20 minutes so far. I hope the timers rely on a better time standard than the download timer! :)

I had an unofficial time of 50 minutes from start of SW download to final installation reboot. Whew!

Just as an aside, I had problems when I moved and used dishmover. 6000 was working fine with a legacy quad at the old house, but refused to see the legacy twin that the dish installer put in. We switched out all sorts of LNBs and crap and finally put a legacy quad on and it started working halfway...i think somewhere in there I may have run a check switch without anything hooked up, entirely by accident. Anyway, the 6000 can be persnickety about switches, so you may have to do a matrix reset every time you move it from one type of switch to another....

Jest my .02

Michael

dfergie said:
Now a to hook up my Replays including the new one that came in yesterday. And figure out where to mount the replay blaster to the 921 (I record Survivor downrezzed)...

Dfergie,

Where should I place the replay ir blaster on the 921? I'm having a hard time finding it???!

-thanks,

eric

eilopez99 said:
Dfergie,

Where should I place the replay ir blaster on the 921? I'm having a hard time finding it???!

-thanks,

eric
I have not hooked my blaster up yet, been doing manual recordings (archiving) and if the show was "live" doing same. Might try in a.m. when I'm off, will post results... (I guess the 0775 code will work, as it does with the 6000u and 811)

Looking at the front of the 921, on the bottom right side are 3 "holes" - 2 blasters on the outside and the IR receiver in the center.

eilopez99 said:
Dfergie,

-thanks,

eric

JimC said:
Looking at the front of the 921, on the bottom right side are 3 "holes" - 2 blasters on the outside and the IR receiver in the center.

Thanks Jim,

now to find some more double sided tape. :)

Still have not tried the Blaster...Well I have had my 921 a month...Few problems only a Couple of unplug power boots, Had to do a power button reset this morning as it would no allow me to switch to SD to archive to my Replay. Other than loosing probably the Cowboys best effort of the season and possibly the turning point... and Csi Miami probably due to the new software...(and me not reseting timers and almost loosing Ncis) all timers have fired. If it was not close to X-mas and County Tax time I would buy another immediatly.:) The ota stuff does not apply to me as I only have one Ota...Abc which unless football is on, or someone else needs their soaps I do not watch. To sum it up money well spent on my part, just need more HD choices like NBC or the new Universal(old Bravo)HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)