5710 HD TEST Channel?

MR2NR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
In your Hotwheels BIN
Hi I'm new here and have a question. I searched and seen this is a "Test" channel broadcasting HD Theater that any HD Dish Receiver in the Midwest. I am really a fan of Wheeler Dealers and Classic car club. But wonder why dish won't throw a program guide up instead of the 3 hour test banner? I'm a cheap SOB and just set the DVR to record certain times but wonder how long Dish has been broadcasting HD Theater and if they will replace it?

Because they want you to pay for the channel. It is still a mystery as to why that channel is out there avail to everyone, but it has been out there for quite a while.

Because they want you to pay for the channel. It is still a mystery as to why that channel is out there avail to everyone, but it has been out there for quite a while.

Well I sure am not going to pay for just the guide :). Silly Dish. HD is just frosting on the cake of my DVR.

How long do you think SD will still be around?

I'm going with 5 years ;) and full HD lineups will be standard. Do they really want to use their priceless bandwidth on two channels :).

I'm sure it is just mapped down and is only taking up one batch of bandwidth....

If you want a cheap workaround, go to the guide to find the shows you want on the channels blocked in red, and then set manual timers on the TEST channel.

Correct. The Test Channel is just a mapdown of the very HD Theater available in the regular channel ranges.

However, the more people keep posting about it, the more likeley Dish may be forced to take the Test Channel down (remove it from the clear, that is). OP, enjoy what you're getting for free quietly, or you will have to pay just to be able to see HD Theater at all. Got it? Well, good night on subject, again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts