5LNB Pole Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't core it above ground level, but others may have different opinions on this.

I know the mounting hardware needs to slide inside the pole. Just curious how high it should be cored. I was thinking as high as ground level. I would love opinions from people who this has worked for.

I know the mounting hardware needs to slide inside the pole. Just curious how high it should be cored. I was thinking as high as ground level. I would love opinions from people who this has worked for.

I’m unaware of any hardware that goes inside the mast (excluding the bubble level which is usually inaccurate).

I don't core it above ground level, but others may have different opinions on this.

If your going to core why only to gnd level? Maybe to help secure inserted lag? Seem to me this would act as a cork. I personally flatten the bottom, drive 6” to10” keeping some smashed portion for contact with cement. But to each his own.

What I do is go to a muffler shop and get their 2" pole it is thicker then fence post and its right around 15 bucks. Dig down about 2 feet, Make sure you flatten the end that goes in the ground so the wind wont turn the pole. Set the pole into the hole pour in the concrete and dry pack it so its solid then pour water on the concrete. Let it set for 20 or 30 minutes before you put the dish on so it can harden some. Of course make sure it is plum.

This is how mine is done and this is how I do all my pole mounts and I never have any problems.

I hope this makes sence.

What I do is go to a muffler shop and get their 2" pole it is thicker then fence post and its right around 15 bucks. Dig down about 2 feet, Make sure you flatten the end that goes in the ground so the wind wont turn the pole. Set the pole into the hole pour in the concrete and dry pack it so its solid then pour water on the concrete. Let it set for 20 or 30 minutes before you put the dish on so it can harden some. Of course make sure it is plum.

This is how mine is done and this is how I do all my pole mounts and I never have any problems.

I hope this makes sence.

Actually heavy duty fencing is a lot stronger than automotive exhaust pipe. Two feet into the ground may not be deep enough. Here in CT you must dig 4 feet to get below the frost line.

My favorite method of installing standard ground poles taht are 1.65" diameter is to use a chain link fence line post. While I prefer concrete mountion of the post in the ground, for apartmemts and other rentals, I usually use a standard green farmer's Tee post. The 16 gauge galvanized chain link line post convniently and securely fits over the Tee post with a very secure friction fit. When driven into the ground with a post driver, the combination is extraordinarily strong and secure.

Currently, I use the same post combination for AT9 and AU9 dishes, with the addition of setting the post in concrete. In case, and if ever I would need to go below a deep frostline, all I would have to do is to make the concrete deeper. Contrary to conventional wisdom, the steel does not need to extend below the frost line.

For the AT9/AUG, I have installed more than 50 using the above combination along with this adapter on eBay;

DirecTV AT9/AU9 KA/KU Adapter for old 1-5/8" pole - (eBay item 150154586970 end time Sep-02-07 20:33:58 PDT)

I bought one and reversed engineered my own. And, it is so simple and works perfectly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.