6.0, 6.2, 6.3 UHF remotes?

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
Looking for a second UHF remote for a third TV hooked up to my 622.

Original equipment is a 6.3 UHF remote.

I see 6.0 & 6.2 UHF remotes advertised as working for the 622 as well. Which one do I need?

Thx.

If this to control TV2, you can use a 6.0 remote with the blue TV2 UHF Pro key. You can get them quite cheaply on eBay. It's only TV1 that needs the 6.3 with the green UHF Pro key with the black "1" to run in IR/UHF mode.

Here's a link for a thread on the Technical sub-forum.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59177
The first post has a link to a document that describes replacement remotes, however, it does not get into details about original remotes, such as the 6.0.

Although you are looking for a 2nd remote so that you will have 2 remotes to control TV2, may I suggest that you consider getting a 2nd remote that could be used to control either TV2 or TV1 using UHF PRO. This way, if no one is watching TV in the living room, then the 2 bedrooms could each watch a different satellite program; 1 bedroom using TV2 output (maybe channel 63) and the other bedroom using TV1 output (maybe channel 61).

I don't know if the 6.0 will do it or not, the 6.2 and 6.3 should be able to, but you need the complete set of tabs to program/switch the remote to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)