6.2 Update for HR10-250?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txfeinbergs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I am sure this has been asked already (but I did a search on "6.2" and nothing comes back. You guys seem to be more tied in directly with DirecTV news since a bunch of you are actually installers and store owners. Do any of you have any idea if the 6.2 TIVO update will ever come to the HR10-250? Thanks.

And sorry if this thread does exist already (in which case, just point me there).

No Problem, and welcome!! This is pretty much a dead issue. I've emailed, called and pleaded. I did pretty much everything I could do to get a straight answer from D*. I finally got a "upper" tier tech guy who help design the menus on the new D* branded DVRs. He pretty much told me that they feel most of the HR10-250 owners will be swapping out to the new mpeg4 HR20 when it comes out so, whats the point of doing the 6.2 to a unit thats gonna be replaced soon. Every HR10 owner would love to see 6.2, me especially! 45min to change a season pass priority? Please shoot me!---Ray

6.2 on the HD Tivo would have been nice, it's a shame D* never released the update for their most expensive satellite box. Like Ray was saying though D* probably assumes everyone will swap out for the HR20 mpeg4 model. I really like my HD Tivo and it's gonna suck to give it up.

Thanks for the answers. At this point, I probably will be swapping out alright, but for one of the new Dish DVRs. I think they are going to announce ?25? HD channels on February 1st. DirecTV really can't compete too well with that from a HD standpoint. I would have probably stayed for awhile longer if the 6.2 update came out as I love the TIVO interface.

there was talk over at avs out of ces this year that the hd tivo might get 6.2 - but so far nothing has happened.. and I doubt it willl :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)