6 Ft Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
free or subscription?

free...it gets about 95-97% of the stuff up there
subscription...go bigger

there has been only a few channels I cant get FTA and that may be due to satellite footprint and my northern (Minnesota) location

I have a 6ft dish, just be aware that the feeds on G28 are mostly not going to come in. That is the main reason I might be switching to an 8 ft dish. With the 8ft I believe the number will go to 100% for feeds. You wont have the adjacent satellite interference.

With the 8ft I believe the number will go to 100% for feeds. You wont have the adjacent satellite interference.

I don't believe so. My well-aimed 7.5 footer has problems, so I went to my fixed 9 footer as the next try and aimed it very well to solve them to watch G28 stuff.

10 foot dish gives you 2 deg spacing compliance on c-band, anything smaller keeps you in the game for potential co-sat interference.

I would not go under a 10' personally, though if you really want to get something up at least go with the Geosat 2.4 meter, depending on how hardcore you get in the game I have issues with some rare feeds on my 10' so bigger is always better, would be nice if Geosat and others brought out a 3.0 meter lower cost reflector.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)