This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

6 Hoppers?

Only limitation would be the amount of 44 switches that can be trunked. Cant remember if its 3 or 4

I don't know if it's so or not, but a Dish CSR told me one time that 5 hoppers was the limit. Like I said I don't know if that is true.

Why would you need 6 hoppers on one account ,unless you are charging for your own mini cable company to renters on your property.

Why would you need 6 hoppers on one account ,unless you are charging for your own mini cable company to renters on your property.
Cool your jets -- just seeing what's technically possible.

I too remember 3 cascaded DPP44's being OK. So, that means you've got 12 DPP outputs, which could in principle go to 8 Hoppers without even adding dual DP LNBs to feed two sets of 3 DPP44s.

I don't know if it's so or not, but a Dish CSR told me one time that 5 hoppers was the limit. Like I said I don't know if that is true.
Mmmmm . . . the CSR I just talked with said 2 Hoppers is the max.

I wonder how many different answers we can get.

Did you mention they would be purchased? 2 hoppers is max for leased.
Glad you mentioned this . . .

I tried calling again and was given this #: 800-333-3474.

The person I talked with said DISH "usually" stops at 16 receivers!

I asked the rep to please check this . . . she came back with 2 leased + 5 purchased Hoppers for a total of 7.

I'll bet 8 wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: TheKrell
8 would likely be more than the 3 DPP44 could handle, but even outside that, that would be the first install to be audited. And likely audited multiple times... Just some words of advice.

Reactions: navychop
Kind of funny that when the CSR told him 7 was max, he wanted to come up with 8, but just for technical reasons. Cool your jets, just kidding.

It's interesting you brought up the 44 switches. What's possible and what the manual says are very different. The manual says 3. The apartment buildings I go into sometimes say 12, or 15, or 20. :/