Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing a rumor that effective August 5th (tommorow) DirecTV customers who commit to 1 year of their HD Package will get their first 6 months of the package for free!

Has anyone else heard of this?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am hearing a rumor that effective August 5th (tommorow) DirecTV customers who commit to 1 year of their HD Package will get their first 6 months of the package for free!

Has anyone else heard of this?
I just beat you in posting this Scott it is definite. I received a FAX from Directv it's no rumor.

I am a dish network customer and if this is true, i could consider switching. i think dish network might need to come up with something themselves to compete with this.

I wonder if I call and recommit for another year if they will give it to me for free for 6 months ?

So can we call tonight for this or will we have to wait until tomorrow?

When my HD receiver was installed last week I had to recommit for one more year. One more week on this won't hurt my feelings any.

Now if we could just get some better deals on their HD equipment I might try them out.

i think so, all u have to do is take ur subscription and commit to a year from when u call up to make the commitment

I just spoke with a CSR who, after checking her computer and checking with a supervisor told me that they don't have any offer like this.

Hopefully I just got a clueless CSR. Can anyone else confirm this?

I just received this memo at 6:43 PM tonight.

DIRECTV HD Package Offer
"Get Six Months FREE of the DIRECTV HD Package Starting August 5!

We are so excited about all the high-definition programming that will be available from DIRECTV this fall — we just had to create a new offer that would give customers no excuses to miss out! Starting August 5, 2004, any residential DIRECTV customer (new or existing) who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package with an annual commitment to any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package for FREE. In the seventh month, customer’s DIRECTV HD package subscription will continue at the regular price of $10.99/mo.

This offer can be combined with any other offers the customer is eligible for. However, please note, that the “Up to Three Rooms Free” promotion does not include the hardware needed to receive HD hardware. If you choose to advertise the DIRECTV HD programming offer with a hardware offer, please be sure to clearly indicate the cost of HD hardware.

OFFER DETAILS:
Any residential customer who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package between August 5, 2004 and December 31, 2004, and commits to one year of any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free.

OFFER FULFILLMENT:
Qualifying customers will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free. In the seventh month, the DIRECTV® HD Package will roll to a payable charge of $10.99 per month, unless customer calls to change service."

Combined with many more HD channels soon to be announced this is great news for all new DIRECTV HD subscribers.

-Robert

Good, a dealer is confirming this.

What about us who already have the HD pak? Can we get in on this deal or are we screwed?

Neutron said:
I just spoke with a CSR who, after checking her computer and checking with a supervisor told me that they don't have any offer like this.

Hopefully I just got a clueless CSR. Can anyone else confirm this?

well that's probably because it's only august 4th ;)

Nutron READ. :D

Starting August 5, 2004, any residential DIRECTV customer (new or existing) who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package with an annual commitment to any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package for FREE.

Yahoo!! From August 5 to December 31! That's great. Now I have some time to save up some money for a HD receiver. :)
I've been waiting for this for a long time!

I did read it! :) I was just calling to see if the CSRs knew about it. I should have known after being on this board since Nov that you can't think CSRs will know the latest stuff. :)

My only concern is if we already have the HD pak can we still get in on this deal?

yes....

You'll just have to commit to keeping it for a month

*** DIRECTV ® HD PACKAGE OFFER ***

GET 6 MONTHS FREE OF THE DIRECTV ® HD PACKAGE

Dear DIRECTV Retailer:

We are so excited about all the high-definition programming that will be available from

DIRECTV this fall — we just had to create a new offer that would give customers no excuses to

miss out! Starting tomorrow, August 5, 2004, any residential DIRECTV customer (new or

existing) who activates the DIRECTV ® HD Package with an annual commitment to any

DIRECTV ® TOTAL CHOICE ® programming package will receive the first six months of the

DIRECTV ® HD Package for FREE. In the seventh month, customer’s DIRECTV HD package

subscription will continue at the regular price of $10.99/mo.

This offer can be combined with any other offers the customer is eligible for. However, please

note, that the "Up to Three Rooms Free" promotion does not include the hardware needed to

receive HD hardware. If you choose to advertise the DIRECTV HD programming offer with a

hardware offer, please be sure to clearly indicate the cost of HD hardware.

OFFER DETAILS:

Any residential customer who activates the DIRECTV ® HD Package between August 5, 2004 and

December 31, 2004, and commits to one year of any DIRECTV ® TOTAL CHOICE ®

programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV ® HD Package free.

OFFER FULFILLMENT:

Qualifying customers will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV ® HD Package free. In

the seventh month, the DIRECTV ® HD Package will roll to a payable charge of $10.99 per

month, unless customer calls to change service.

OFFER ADVERTISING:

Because we wanted to make this offer available to customers as quickly as possible, we do not yet

have pre-approved marketing materials available. In approximately two weeks you will receive

an ad elements ad slick for the Four Free Months Offer which will include an element for the HD

Offer. In the meantime, if you wish to create your own advertising, please be sure to work with

your DIRECTV Promotions Manager or your Authorized DIRECTV Distributor to obtain the

required approvals. We suggest you simply add a phrase like "Ask about 6 FREE months of the

DIRECTV HD package" or "Want 6 FREE months of the DIRECTV HD package? Ask how."

If you have any questions, please contact your Area Sales Manager, or DIRECTV Retail Services

at 1-800-323-1994, or via email at RetailServices@DIRECTV.com

Best regards,

DIRECTV, Inc.

Everyone call tomorrow and tell us how painful/painless this will be asking a CSR for it. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)