6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How can a independent dealer offer 6 months free of programming from directv?

I would think within a couple days they should know about this. It is obviously a directv deal. This is your standard case of CSR folks knowing little about the job they do.

Anyone have any success yet?

And what phone number is on the USA today (i dont get the USA today) ad, maybe we should all call that number?

I'm about to go buy a copy of the paper and take a look for myself. When I get back I will post what I find out.

Curtis-

Various directv CSR had no idea about it. BB and CC will still have you call directv to activate equipment and change packaging.

Is the number on the paper a special number or just the standard 1-800-directv?

I am sure they are getting flooded with calls all day about this and someone will figure it out soon. I have not seen any commercials on directv about it.

Neutron said:
I'm about to go buy a copy of the paper and take a look for myself. When I get back I will post what I find out.

Please post on this as soon as you can.

colofan said:
I just got off the phone with D* and the CSR didn't know about the promotion however he was willing to give me a 6 month credit of HD anyway.

Oh just because you have CBS-HD doesn't mean you don't need to apply for the NBC-HD as well.

Did you have to ask for the 6 month credit? Everyone else so far has had no luck it seems.

That's a good tip on the NBC-HD, I will have to remember to ask them about it later.

6 month direct tv hd program offer

just spoke to a directtv csr.he had no knowledge of any pending hd package offer.his comments "someone is playing the rumor game" :time will tell.

OK Scott, how about calling your D* insiders and asking them to get this problem fixed????

I didn't buy the paper since the idiots at the store up here like to take their sweet time checking people out, but I did see the 2 pages in question and on the bottom of 9c it does say "Receive the HD pak FREE for 6 months" along with their promo for the NFT ST (new customers get TC+ free for 4 months if they sign up).

On the phone again now to get them to abide by their ad.

Folks what you read here is exactly what was sent to dealers by DirecTV, plus it was also advertised in today's USA today. The information has been verified by my contacts at DirecTV as well.

Now why the customer service centers don't have a clue is beyond me. The deal is real.

Give them a day or sort to get their stuff straight. :)

It's a very good deal.

Yeah this is a little nuts already. At least it is the regular directv number. I am sure they have been flooded with calls about this today.

I hope they have this figured out by tomorrow when i am ready to call and sign up.

Do any active Directv CSR's participate on this forum?

Keep us posted Neutron, stick it to them

Maybe the add didn't run in "India Today" so the CSR's didn't get to read about it. :D

I was on hold longer than I was earlier, so this makes me wonder how many people are calling about this deal.

I got this told to me now. At first the CSR actually asked me if I was looking at perhaps a DISH ad. Very funny.

Then after placing me on hold and checking he said that this offer is legit, and said it hadn't taken effect yet. I reminded him of the start date was today's date. However, he said the programmers have not put the promo in their computers yet, and can't offer anyone the deal until it is in their system. He said to check back tomorrow.

Why would you run an ad in a national newspaper and not have it ready in your system yet??

Maybe the add didn't run in "India Today" so the CSR's didn't get to read about it.

HA HA HA

From my time in Asia the US today is the "Asian" version.

Ads would be different than the North American version!!

I think RAD has found the root of the problem here.

Just for giggles i called Directv-

On hold for about 5 minutes, and they ask where I saw this ad. They asked to make sure it was their name on it and not DISH.

Held for another few minutes.

The guy then went on to say that he thought it might have been a fake ad that someone ran, and it was not really a Directv ad. I said it has directvs name all over it, mention of the NFL package (with directv is the only carrier). He said i could fax it to them and they would look into it. I told them go buy a copy of the USA today and look at page 8 and 9c. I am not going to fax a newspaper to them becuase they do not know about a promotion.

I informed them that i saw a letter from directv to licensed dealers and read him the email scott posted on page 2 of this thread.

THey had no idea about it at all, and said they cannot do anything because it was not a real directv promotion. He did say there have been a few people calling about this today.

I suggest someone at Directv figures out what is going on here.

I hope that them knowing that we know about the letter dealers got doesn't get us in trouble, but you would think as cheap as a damn newspaper is they would go out and buy one just to verify what we are telling them.

I really don't like being implied a liar. I also got fed the same BS of "Are you sure it isn't a DISH ad or an independant installer ad?" crap that you were told.

How can we get in trouble? It was them who sent the note to all their retailers, and them who placed the ad in USA Today.

Looks like a case of them putting the cart before the horse. :) They will fix it.

rad said:
Maybe the add didn't run in "India Today" so the CSR's didn't get to read about it. :D

LOL. Thank goodness this isn't E*, we would have the whiners out in force :rolleyes:

Keeping on top of this so far I've talked with a CSR supervisor who doesn't know what I'm talking about and wanted me to fax a copy of the ad. I told him it would be cheaper for them to buy a USA Today paper for today and he said they don't have the ability to do that. Okay, then he said they aren't running any ads.

So now I'm on hold waiting for his manager.

The only reason I'm doing this now is because they put an ad out and I feel that by doing so they should honor that ad.

Hopefully I can get a straight answer of getting this promotion. I will keep you guys informed.

How far has everyone else gone in trying to get this ad honored?

Update: Okay, I even had the manager go to our site here and he tried to play satelliteguys.us as a dealer webpage and said the memo that the dealers got and that Scott got could have come from anywhere and played it off as an independant dealer ad.

He kept insisting for me to fax in the ad. As big as that ad is my fax machine will not fax that big of a page, and if I take it somewhere to be faxed I will get charged an arm and a leg to do this when they can go down to the store and buy a 50 cent copy of the paper.

Neutron said:
Keeping on top of this so far I've talked with a CSR supervisor who doesn't know what I'm talking about and wanted me to fax a copy of the ad. I told him it would be cheaper for them to buy a USA Today paper for today and he said they don't have the ability to do that. Okay, then he said they aren't running any ads.

So now I'm on hold waiting for his manager.

The only reason I'm doing this now is because they put an ad out and I feel that by doing so they should honor that ad.

Hopefully I can get a straight answer of getting this promotion. I will keep you guys informed.

How far has everyone else gone in trying to get this ad honored?

Update: Okay, I even had the manager go to our site here and he tried to play satelliteguys.us as a dealer webpage and said the memo that the dealers got and that Scott got could have come from anywhere and played it off as an independant dealer ad.

He kept insisting for me to fax in the ad. As big as that ad is my fax machine will not fax that big of a page, and if I take it somewhere to be faxed I will get charged an arm and a leg to do this when they can go down to the store and buy a 50 cent copy of the paper.
A man after my own heart! LOL, I would be shoving this down their throat too! I just cancelled my HD package last night because of the verbage in the ad that said "activate between 8/5 & 12/31" just to make sure I can get my $66 LOL!

Not like D* has not given enough but since I know I'll be a customer for many more years to come ... no point in turning down the freebie!

You really need to fax them the ad. Unless you don't have access to a fax machine then someone else needs to fax them the ad. That way they shut up about it being fake or an independent dealer and they have no other excuse to hide behind. And them have them credit you the money for the fax ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.