6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm supposed to have a higher up manager call me at work later today.

Directv has done quite a bit for me too. Its not that I'm pissed at them, I more frustrated. If a company places an ad in the newspaper they should be held to it. I think there's a law about that too.

I'm also pushing so hard for them to honor it not only for me, but for you guys as well. I want yall to get this deal as much as I want to get it.

I can just imagine people who don't have Directv yet who are looking to get in on this deal just to be turned around. I even told the manager that and was told that without proof of their own ad they wouldn't honor it.

Does someone have a fax machine that can fax the whole entire ad? I would try to just cut out the part that has their HD promo, but I don't want them accusing me or anyone else of trying to pull a fast one.

Tell ya what. I will get another copy of USA Today on my way to work and when I talk to the people tonight I will fax them the ad from work. Our fax machine is bigger than my home one.

That is if no one else does it. I will then post what they tell me.

You could put each page on the copy machine and reduce it to normal size then fax it to them. That should work as well.

I lack a fax machine here at school in Arizona. I certianly would fax it if i had the machine though.

Do any of the dealers here have a contact @ Directv that they can communicate with? If a dealer were to complain that customers are trying to get this deal and it is not being honored and is detromental to my business should get the point accross.

If anyone else talks to them make them get on the phone with the marketing department (if they have marketing internal) and get it straight. The CSR i spoke with had no idea of the promotion and asked managers, etc who had no idea.

I just called the dealers I know and they are going to fax me over a copy and when I get it I will make it a PDF and put it online.

Just saw the ad in the USA Today. In the ad, it says new customers only.

is that for the HD, like new customers to HD, or new Directv Customers

OR

Does it mean new customers only for the NFL package and 4 free months?

It meant the second part of your question.

"new customers only for the NFL package and 4 free months"

In fact that is part of the deal.

But the 6 months free of HD pak with 1 year committment is supposed to be for everyone.

Neutron,

I believe you. All I am saying is that is not what the ad in the USA Today says.

satman69 said:
Neutron,

I believe you. All I am saying is that is not what the ad in the USA Today says.

In the e-mail that Robert from Valueelectronics posted earlier it said; Starting August 5, 2004, any residential DIRECTV customer (new or existing) who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package with an annual commitment to any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package for FREE. In the seventh month, customer’s DIRECTV HD package subscription will continue at the regular price of $10.99/mo.

I'm getting a headache. I thought I left stuff like this behind when I left E*.

Ok I got a copy of the fax. Here it is in PDF format.

I am going to email retailservices and ask them whats up. :)

Scott

Attachments

• directv.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 636
Has anyone called the Retailer Service number in the PDF to see what they say???

Yep I got a 6 month credit while I was on the phone and I checked on line on my account and sure enough I have the credit...

That would be great if Directv figured this out by tomorrow...........

I would love to be able to set up my new box without any hassle.

I sent a note to Retail Services for the scoop.

I would call but I don't have a dealer ID number to get through their system.

I am working hard on finding out this information for you guys. :) Thanks for your patience. :D

Thank you Scott,

Keep up the great site, it is a great resource for all of us and we all aprecaite it. I would not have any clue about this HD deal if it was not for Sat guys.

colofan said:
Yep I got a 6 month credit while I was on the phone and I checked on line on my account and sure enough I have the credit...

Great news. Did you call the regular 800 number or Retail Sales, and did you already subscribe to the HD Package?

I just talked to the Retailer Services CSR from the 800 number in that PDF and he explained that what happened was the dealers got the memo but the customer service branches never did. He said they are hard at work on adding this promo into the system. He said it should be up tonight or tomorrow and to call the 800-directv number back tomorrow.

Finally I got a Directv employee to admit to this deal.

Thanks Scott and everyone else who worked hard to get this out to us!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)