6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You done good boy

Now I hope UPS gets this reciever to me tomorrow in pleanty of time to play with it until i take off for a couple weeks here saturday.

It seemed like someone "did not get the memo"

I just talked to the CSR at 1800Directv and she had no idea what I was talking about. Anyhow she decided to give me $5 off of programming for 6 months. I will call back tomorrow and get my HD free for 6 months and end up with a $16 discount for the next 6 months. Not too bad.

Maybe we should get them the memo on putting cover sheets on their TPS reports? :D

Yeah serious someone needs to work on these TPS reports.

I am gonna need you to come in on satttturrrddaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

ITs says "who activated the HD Pack"

So I need to first Un subscribe to it then call and re subscribe with the one year ridder clause on it?

Anyone try this yet?

Wait one more day til the 6th

I just got off the phone with a CSR, after putting me on hold twice she said the deal goes into effect tomorrow the 6th. Just call back tomorrow to get the deal

Got this in my mailbox a little while ago.

This is from DirecTV...
Hi Scott,
Thank you so much for your email. Our customer service reps will know in about 10 minutes that this offer is starting, but they will not be able to add this to customer accounts until tomorrow.

Do you have names of customers who want this today? I can arrange to have this added to their accounts.

Thank you,

DIRECTV Retail Operations

Well Scott, do you think we should do this or would it be best to wait until the AM? I'm game for either one.

I would just wait until tommorow. I dont want to give them your name, and then have them come back to me and say whats their account number....

You get the picture. :)

From the sounds of things it appears they didn't know the CSR's didn't know anything until I emailed them. ;)

Once again SatelliteGuys worked to SAVE YOU MONEY. :D

Thanks for all your help Scott, but I am still not clear about whether this applies to those of us who already subscribe to the HD Package?

Take a look at Scott's PDF. It applies to EVERY customer. :)

Scott, again thank you for bring us this wonderful news!! Keep doing what you do and this site will stay number 1.

Neutron said:
Take a look at Scott's PDF. It applies to EVERY customer. :)

I guess I'm just thick, but the way I read the PDF is seems to apply to those who ACTIVATE a HD Package on or after August 5th. I hope I'm reading this wrong :confused:

It does look like it applies to EXISTING directv subscribers, but new HD customers.

I bet they will extend this to include current HD customers if they comit to another year, but then again, maybe not?

any residential DIRECTV customer (new or existing) who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package

If you are a current HD customer, you cannot activate it again i would think......

Similar to other promotions (like the nfl sunday ticket), it would look like at first glance this only applies to folks who do not have HD already (as they are trying to build a bigger HD subscriber base, not give a discount to other customers.) They want to lure in new HD subscribers while maintaining expected revenue from customers already signed up.

If that's the case maybe I can get an exception since I've only had the HD pak for a little over a week now.

Neutron said:
If that's the case maybe I can get an exception since I've only had the HD pak for a little over a week now.

Mmm, and though I've had the HD pack for several months, I've only had it through DirecTV today! ;)

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~~Who is currently watching "CSI" in HD!!!

The HD pack can be dropped at anytime, there is NO commitment.........I dropped the HD package 3 months ago......due to the repeat of the same shows over and over again.....so if I already had the Hd package I would simply drop it from my account and call them straight back and tell them you want the 6 months free deal

Quickfire-

If that is the case (and no comittment exists) than i do not see why they would not want customers to hop on board and comit for at least a year.

So this is their first mechanism for comitting users for a year of the HD pack? Sounds now like they are just trying to get a secured source of revenue in a few months. In this case i would imagine everyone is included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)