6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Neutron said:
That's one of the main reasons Directv is better than DISH. DISH will screw existing customers and always give better deals to new customers.
Neutron you have NO IDEA how right you are in saying this, case in point, bought a nice DVR from dish at a garage sale, brought it home it powered up ready to go, called dish all excited, oh sorry sir we cant activate that for you it has a $200 balance on its card, ok send me a new card was my response....sorry sir we don't do that you are responsible even if it is someone else's balance..ok..hang up try CSR roulette...nothing same thing...try a manager, told manager, well come pick up your stuff cause I am calling DirecTV when I hang up with you, I now have a DirecTiVo DVR40, a standard receiver, NFL Sunday ticket, 4 months free total premier, HD receiver coming this week, 6 months free of HD programming, and $5 dollars off a month of any programing cause my installer was a day late.....God I love DirecTV!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Hands down the Tivo is WAY better than the DVR that DISH provides. My wife and I love ours and will soon be adding a new one to replace our last standard receiver. Did you know that you can upgrade the hard drive in your DTivo? Can't do that with the DISH DVR.

Glad to see you are a D* customer. :)

Neutron said:
Hands down the Tivo is WAY better than the DVR that DISH provides. My wife and I love ours and will soon be adding a new one to replace our last standard receiver. Did you know that you can upgrade the hard drive in your DTivo? Can't do that with the DISH DVR.

Glad to see you are a D* customer. :)

I have been looking at this as I only have 35 hours of space, before I got it I said 35 hours is a lot. now that i have had 2 days with this tivo 35 hours is tiny with as much recording and everything you can do, but i have a rca dvr40 model and from what I hear I would have to get a second drive, and a second drive bay, by that time I could have went down to best buy where I saw they had a open box tivo for 55 dollars, and bought it, so I am thinking about running down there tonight and picking up a second one, funny how fast you get to love these things, especially since the wife can use it and loves it, thats always a real big plus, lets see how she does with the new hd receiver!

Stuart you can replace the 40 gig hard drive in DirecTivo with a 120 gig hard drive you do not have to add a second drive unless you need more space. I have that exact same model you have and put in the 120 gig hard drive and kept the 40 gig drive as a spare in case of a emergency. But if I was you I would go ahead and buy another DVR you can never have too many. :)

MikeHDTulsa said:
Stuart you can replace the 40 gig hard drive in DirecTivo with a 120 gig hard drive you do not have to add a second drive unless you need more space. I have that exact same model you have and put in the 120 gig hard drive and kept the 40 gig drive as a spare in case of a emergency. But if I was you I would go ahead and buy another DVR you can never have too many. :)
well that is what I was thinking I am telling you the wife is loving this thing so I might as well have two, so upstairs in the bedroom I will have a directivo, downstairs on teh big screen I will have a hird e8(soon to be upgraded I think) and a directivo, not to shabby, did I mention that I am really enjoying directv the 4 days i have had it

Why not upgrade both hard drives? :) Your wife would love the capability of recording more stuff. Mine has been asking when I will upgrade ours.

I had to call twice to get the deal. The 1st CSR said that I could not get the deal on the free 6 months of HD because it was for new customers only. I called back and got the free 6 months from the 2nd CSR with no problem.

mine was automatic

I called to activate a new TIVO with D* and mentioned the deal with HD package...CSR said it was automatically adjusted on my acct. and monthly fee was 0.00 for 6 mo. Checked account website and was already in place.

Hmm snooping around on the DirecTV website it appears that Bravo HD will be on DirecTV soon...

hd_logo_bravohd.gif

http://www.directv.com/images/imagine/hd_logo_bravohd.gif

It also appears Spice HD will be on DirecTV soon as well
hd_logo_spice.gif

http://www.directv.com/images/imagine/hd_logo_spice.gif

NBC
hd_logo_nbc.gif

http://www.directv.com/images/imagine/hd_logo_nbc.gif

Fox
hd_logo_fox.gif

http://www.directv.com/images/imagine/hd_logo_fox.gif

ABC?!?!?!
hd_logo_abc.gif

http://www.directv.com/images/imagine/hd_logo_abc.gif

Just some things to make you say Hmmmm! :D

I went from VOOm to cable, but I'm still trying to decide what to keep. If I purchase the present TIVO HDPVR for D* will it be able to handle MPG4 in the future?

HD free

If you ask for the free 6 months and you already subscribe to the HD package they can take it off and readd it to get you the 6 mts free/ I work in crg dept , so i know this to be true

Thanks Guys!
I just went to D* site, registered, access my account, dropped HD Package, went back to my account, saw it was dropped along with the drop in my montly bill, then went in and added the HD Package & guess what....
HD Package $0.00/6 months Free!
Thanks again.

Barney

Did the same Crap! and it worked

I also went to the D* site unsubd to HDTV readded it and BINGO 6 months Free! Woo Hoo..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)