6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
towelie said:
So, I just called and tried to get it (I already activated the HD package a couple weeks ago). The CSR said I can't get the special rate because I already had it. I said I knew of several people who got the deal, and he said that was "not true". Should I just call back and try with somebody else? I got the guys name & employee ID. I was not too thrilled with his response...
When I called in the CSR said I couldn't get it. I asked to talk to a supervisor since it's widely reported on the internet that this is an available special. She put me on hold, came back and said it was all taken care of. So try again until you get it.

Now that we have a Directv representative on our forum maybe he can let us in on what HD channels will be added this fall? :D

Neutron said:
Now that we have a Directv representative on our forum maybe he can let us in on what HD channels will be added this fall? :D

That would be very nice of him to do so. :D

I'd say to anyone having problems getting the deal, just call back. I had zero issues this morning getting the deal. The credit was posted to my account right away as well, I could see it on my account online.

I would be interested in hearing what possible HD channels will be up and coming.

I am very impressed with the PQ on Discovery and the HD NETs, I have yet to see a ESPN HD broadcast. Sunday night baseball certainly will change my mind though!

Now i never have to leave home again, i fell like i am underwater with the sharks here!

Just added the 6 months free HD package................G O O D NEWS THERS IS ABSOLUTELY NO I REPEAT NO 1 YEAR CONTRACT.......if you dont like it at the end of the free 6 months you can cancel it without paying a penny!I just spoke to a manager and he confirmed this several times..of course i keeped on asking him if he was sure there was no 1 year commitement he said there was NONE.........YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAWWWWWWW

They told me there is a 1 year comittment and it will start billing at the standard $10,99 price after the 6 months.

You may want to call them again........ask to speak to a manager........he read it straight from his computer word for word.........could they have changed there mind about the 1 year contract?????

Disclosure and commitment

I would really love to tell you what HD channels are coming. There's only one problem with that. I have a signed disclosure act that could get me in a lot of trouble if I did tell you. Sorry guys. Ya gotta wait.
As per the year commitment on the HD 6 month free deal... Good news. We inform you of it... so we could take you up on it later, but we haven't linked the commitment to the deal yet.

Your friendly DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

I was told that there was indeed NO 1 year commitment............if D* trys to add it to my account then I'll throw one of the worsest FITs D* has ever saw! I'll take my business elsewere if they try and pull this crap

Hello, just on the phone for less than 3 minutes and saved the cost of six months of HD, it was easy. by all means if a csr says no call back and call back again LOL

directvrep said:
I would really love to tell you what HD channels are coming. There's only one problem with that. I have a signed disclosure act that could get me in a lot of trouble if I did tell you. Sorry guys. Ya gotta wait.
As per the year commitment on the HD 6 month free deal... Good news. We inform you of it... so we could take you up on it later, but we haven't linked the commitment to the deal yet.

Your friendly DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com
Holy Cow...so that means there is no one year commitment on this deal yet? Im a current sub...I can add this and then cancel after 6 mths? Sounds too good. DTV is sure being good to us. Not that I would cancel...I love my HDTV.

How about adding right now, canceling in a few months, and then re-signing up to get an additional 6 months.

Turn the 6 months in to like 10 months (when does this deal expire?)

I have no problem doing that, paying less for the whole thing.

I would like a hint as to what may come though. Directv needs to get on ESPNs ass and get them to broadcast more in HD.

"Qualifying customers will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV ® HD Package free. In

the seventh month, the DIRECTV ® HD Package will roll to a payable charge of $10.99 per

month, unless customer calls to change service."
I guess I answered my own question....by reading. Im calling right now to activiate. Thanks DTV!!!

vinnyv07 said:
Holy Cow...so that means there is no one year commitment on this deal yet? Im a current sub...I can add this and then cancel after 6 mths? Sounds too good. DTV is sure being good to us. Not that I would cancel...I love my HDTV.

I just called up and got the deal (ex-Pegasus sub too BTW), but I was told that I had to agree to a year of the HD Package (starting today).

~Alan

Well this is very good news for me since I may be reactivating my dtv account once I move (might not be able to get line of sight to voom...but do have clear LOS for dtv). I may wait though until they get more HD channels to get the 6 months free...then I can enjoy more channels for free for a longer time.

As for the rep that's posting here knowing what HD channels are planned, I really doubt he even knows considering they didn't even know about this HD offer until the day after it came out. I expect the people on this forum will know about the new HD channels before the dtv CSRs.

" I called and added the service...a new one year contract started today for me....you get 6 mths free of the HD pack which you could cancel after the 6 mths are up. You have to complete the year contract with a P choice commitment. Good deal. You are not agreeing to a one year commitment to the HD pack. You are commiting to a one year contract to a total choice prem pack.

vinnyv07 said:
" You are not agreeing to a one year commitment to the HD pack. You are commiting to a one year contract to a total choice prem pack.

That is the way I read it (except for the premium part):

OFFER DETAILS:
Any residential customer who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package between August 5, 2004 and December 31, 2004, and commits to one year of any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free.

This worked out for me anyway, because I was already under contract when my HD receiver was installed last week, to keep a TC package for a year, so adding another week doesn't bother me one bit when I know I will be keeping this for at least a year if not more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts