6 second back os jumping 30!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidpat

Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
All of a sudden the 6 second back button is jumping back 30 seconds.
Also sometimes when I pause and then play it will jumpback 30 seconds, or it will play but with no sound for 5 or 6 seconds.
HR21 - Receiver
HC64R - Remote
Is it the remote? Is it the receiver? Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

Unforutnately, sometimes the first-timers don't come back. In that case, it usually means the recomendation fixed their problem :)

Sorry...I went on vacation...San Antonio is nice this time of year!
I did a reboot (Pressed the red button) but it is still doing it. Especially the odd no sound issue. I hope it isn't the unit as I'm begining to think I'm jinx'd! Before I had the HD/DVR I had a regular DVR and I had to replace it 2 or 3 times, before that I had Tivo and it worked GREAT for MANY years. I've only had this box for less than 2 months!

Sorry...I went on vacation...San Antonio is nice this time of year!
I did a reboot (Pressed the red button) but it is still doing it. Especially the odd no sound issue. I hope it isn't the unit as I'm begining to think I'm jinx'd! Before I had the HD/DVR I had a regular DVR and I had to replace it 2 or 3 times, before that I had Tivo and it worked GREAT for MANY years. I've only had this box for less than 2 months!

Now try rebooting it properly ..... Don't use the dreaded Red Button Reboot, only as a last resort,if it won't funtion at all.

Menu > Set Up > System Set up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash >and wait for it to reboot.

Jimbo

sounds like DirecTV hired some Echostar software engineering staff. :)

There were a few software versions a while back on their ViP622 where skip back was a random value between 6 and 600 seconds. :)

What exactly will:

Menu > Set Up > System Set up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash

do?

Will I lose the stuff I have recorded or setting I have set?

I did it and it seems to have cleared things up...temporarily...I guess I'll need to do a reset once a week!
Oh well!
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)