6' Winegard dish assembly-help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spike1202

Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Virginia
Hi all, can anyone help me with assembly of a 75" Winegard mesh BUD, especially the proper distance from dish to feedhorn 4 point mount? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for the link! Is there a specific distance the feedhorn mount should be from the dish during assembly of this dish before the LNBF is installed and adjusted for the f/d ratio?

Thanks for the link! Is there a specific distance the feedhorn mount should be from the dish during assembly of this dish before the LNBF is installed and adjusted for the f/d ratio?

Yes there is a specific focal point...That focal point differs as I'm sure you guessed reading your post...What the ratio is...I don't know. Does the feedhorn you have not belong to the dish? Can you order the correct one if not?

Last edited:
You set the Feedhorn in the Scalar to the proper f/d Ratio setting.
Then adjust Scalar to proper focal point to just inside the mouth of the feedhorn.
List your measurements, diameter, depth.

This is what I've come up with:
D=75"
d=13"
So focal distance, f=27" & f/D=0.36
I think my math is correct but I'm having difficulty with the f/D "scale" on my BSC621 LNBF.
The scale markings are not as detailed as I've seen before. Is there a measurement I can make that would be more accurate than "eyeballing" the LNBF's scale markings?
Also, am I correct in understanding that the di-electric plate in the BSC621 negates the need for specific skew setting & adjustment?

75" Winegard mesh BUD w/ BSC621, Superjack II+, DSR922, Traxis 2500

Numbers look good.
The Di-Electric plate is for receiving Circular C Band signals, not needed for North American Sats.
Best place to start for Skew is to pop the Feed Cap off and look inside. The 1/4" Metal Rod should be Horizontal when the Dish is at your Trues South Sat. Easiest with a Mesh Dish and look from behind. Otherwise, try making a mark on the outside for reference.
Here is some info from another site:
The list below shows how far the throat is out from the scalar rings for different f/D settings.
EXAMPLE: A dish with a .42 f/D will have the throat about flush with the rings.

Inches -- f/D
.12 ------ .42
.32 ------ .40
.52 ------ .38
.72 ------ .36
.92 ------ .34
1.12 ---- .32

satmancanada.com/BSC621test.htm

This is what I've come up with:
D=75"
d=13"
So focal distance, f=27" & f/D=0.36
I think my math is correct but I'm having difficulty with the f/D "scale" on my BSC621 LNBF.
The scale markings are not as detailed as I've seen before. Is there a measurement I can make that would be more accurate than "eyeballing" the LNBF's scale markings?
Also, am I correct in understanding that the di-electric plate in the BSC621 negates the need for specific skew setting & adjustment?

75" Winegard mesh BUD w/ BSC621, Superjack II+, DSR922, Traxis 2500

Post some pics and i can help you more

Winegard 6'3" Dish Antenna

Reflector Diameter. 6'3" (1.9M)

Feed Type. Prime focus

Depth. 13.39"

F/D Ration. 0.35

Focal Length. 26-1/16"

Hooty Hoo! Thanks for the great help y'all! Now I'm choppen on the bit for Saturday morning!!
It looks like I should tweek my focal length - shortening 15/16ths, check centering and leave my f/D @ .036 until fine tuning.
Further research with Winegard tells me my BUD is a "Quadstar", sound familar?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts