6000 for $99?, CSR confirms new deal is coming

bbriggs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
Charlie stated dish 6000's under certain circumstances $99. I had to check, the 811's and 921's being delayed yet longer. CSR said to stay tuned (for a week or two?!?) because his supervisor confirmed a new deal is in the works (presumably to reduce a big pile of 6000's in the warehouse). I REALLY want a 921, but for $99 it might not be bad to have a spare box.

I hope this isn't Scott's big news, I'd rather hear the 921's are rolling in trucks, but his doesn't sound bad either. Please, Scott, stay upbeat!

It might not be bad to have a backup 6000. If mine blows up I won't
be able to get a 811 till Labor day.

I'll take an entire pallet please.

bbriggs said:
Charlie stated dish 6000's under certain circumstances $99. I had to check, the 811's and 921's being delayed yet longer. CSR said to stay tuned (for a week or two?!?) because his supervisor confirmed a new deal is in the works (presumably to reduce a big pile of 6000's in the warehouse). I REALLY want a 921, but for $99 it might not be bad to have a spare box.

I hope this isn't Scott's big news, I'd rather hear the 921's are rolling in trucks, but his doesn't sound bad either. Please, Scott, stay upbeat!

Thinking of doing this while waiting for 921/Superdish.

Is there ANY HD programming on 110/119 or would I have to get a 61.5 Dish?

If I could get a superdish, I presume the 6000 would work fine.

Is there a way to have both my 508 and a 6000 connected to the same TV? (I'm presuming I'll need a second cable run and use different inputs in the TV)

Any better ideas?

Everything on the HD Pak is on 110:

Discovery HD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
ESPN-HD

But HBO-HD, Showtime-HD and CBS-HD (if you qualify) is on 61.5 still I believe.

6000 and 508

Yes, I did this several months ago. I'm thinking it was a reasonable plan as I don't have to miss an entire season of HDTV college and pro football while waiting for the superdish/921. It looks like I was right since nothing new about HD was mentioned on last night's chat. I added a 6000 to my setup with my 508. It required an extra cable run which the dish installer set up at no extra charge. The 6000 is connected to my HDTV monitor with component cables and the 508 through S-video. I do have to pay the $5/month extra receiver fee. HD channels with the dish500 include Discovery, ESPN, HDnet and HDnet movies (as listed on dish website).

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)