6000 guide data

mikfort51

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Grain Valley, Missouri
Is anyone having problems with the dish 6000 guide data? I know the guide is almost worthless because it only goes out about an hour, but the last few days the info is scrambled. For instance if I tune to HGTV on channel 112 an adult showcase banner pops up asking if I want to purchase this program for $16.99, even though the program is actually HGTV. Even if I force an update by going out 4 or 5 hours the data is still wrong.

I have that happen from time to time on both of my 6000's. Press and hold the power button for 5 to 6 seconds. After you release the power button, the reciever will reboot and aquire the satellite signal. Once aquired, the guide should be fine. Good Luck!

Yeah. Mine was doing this over the weekend. It's the second time it has done it over the 4 years I've had the receiver. I think Dish has been screwing around with software for the 6000 too. The guide data has become EXTREMELY limited, where it used to not be too bad and the "satellite acquisition" after watching OTA has gotten WAY worse, and my 6000 now will suddenly power itself off for no reason at times. Also, my 8VSB module fan is making a terrible noise. It's about to die and I'm trying to hang on until march or april so I can score a vip622. Don't know if I'll make it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)