6000 now or 811 later

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
I'm trying to weight the pluses and minuses of getting a 6000 now or waiting to get the 811.

I will probably get the HD package, but will be doing a lot of OTA viewing here in San Francisco area. I have Samsung DLP HDTV, so will probably (if I understand right) want to be watching in 720p.

I see that the 6000 is not Dish/Pro compatible, but not even sure the significance of Dish/Pro.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

i-1.JPG

Got the 6000u today for 149.00 no commit. should i cancle and wait or keep the order?

The 6000 is a great receiver. The only problem is the slow guide. I understand the 811 will have a three day guide in memory. The 6000 has 1 or 2 hours and will download 1 or 2 more hours of guide, if you are patient.

Even thought I've been a AT150 customer for 34 months and have always paid my bills on time, I was not considered an "Exclusive" customer, so wasn't offered the 6000 fo $149.

And in any case, I was told the 8vsb module was an additional $149.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts